News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tap Tempo Cardinal (new version) and Sugar Blues Wah (Weener +)

Started by midwayfair, March 29, 2015, 01:14:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

midwayfair

Quote from: rullywowr on March 29, 2015, 05:14:35 PM

Quote from: midwayfair on March 29, 2015, 05:05:16 PM
Quote from: rullywowr on March 29, 2015, 03:00:38 AMRegarding the common anode LED...perhaps a RGB led would suffice here as they aren't too rare and would fit better?  Just a thought.  I have a bunch of these if you want, just let me know.

Those are still common cathode.

I have RGB in both common cathode and common anode. I assure you, they exist.

okay. What do you want the third LED color for?

rullywowr

Quote from: midwayfair on March 29, 2015, 05:28:36 PM

Quote from: rullywowr on March 29, 2015, 03:00:38 AMRegarding the common anode LED...perhaps a RGB led would suffice here as they aren't too rare and would fit better?  Just a thought.  I have a bunch of these if you want, just let me know.

Nothing, just was throwing it out there that common anode RGB may be possible solution to your issue with dual color LEDs being hard to source in CA configuration. You could use a common anode RGB and choose two of those colors, leaving the third not connected.  RGB are 5mm and pretty standard.  I have used both CA and CC for building led cubes. 

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

midwayfair

Quote from: rullywowr on March 29, 2015, 05:32:05 PM

Nothing, just was throwing it out there that common anode RGB may be possible solution to your issue with dual color LEDs being hard to source in CA configuration. You could use a common anode RGB and choose two of those colors, leaving the third not connected.  RGB are 5mm and pretty standard.  I have used both CA and CC for building led cubes.

Do you have a common source for those outside of Ebay? I couldn't find CA at any of the usual suspects. They were cheap enough on Ebay, though, and I have enough to give everyone with a PCB.

rullywowr

Quote from: midwayfair on March 29, 2015, 05:41:07 PM

Do you have a common source for those outside of Ebay? I couldn't find CA at any of the usual suspects. They were cheap enough on Ebay, though, and I have enough to give everyone with a PCB.

http://www.taydaelectronics.com/rgb-led-5mm.html

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

midwayfair

Quote from: rullywowr on March 29, 2015, 05:52:50 PM
Quote from: midwayfair on March 29, 2015, 05:41:07 PM

http://www.taydaelectronics.com/rgb-led-5mm.html

Thanks! updating the build doc.

micromegas

want! need some funds in order to finish my TT cardinal and the boomerang wah.. so envious.. :)
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

chordball

Awesome work Jon. Looking forward to building the cardinal as you have it here. 8)

How do you like the optotron in the wah? Any negatives? Did you notice any pop with or without it, or was the only benefit the addition of an LED?

midwayfair

Quote from: chordball on April 03, 2015, 03:22:26 PM
How do you like the optotron in the wah? Any negatives? Did you notice any pop with or without it, or was the only benefit the addition of an LED?

Works like any other pedal as far as I can tell. I never bothered wiring it up any other way, so I can't comment on any other method of true bypass with a wah. It certainly sounds better bypassed than my old vox wah.

chordball

Quote from: midwayfair on April 03, 2015, 03:23:59 PM

Works like any other pedal as far as I can tell. I never bothered wiring it up any other way, so I can't comment on any other method of true bypass with a wah. It certainly sounds better bypassed than my old vox wah.

Gotcha. Thanks Jon. I'll give it a shot. I never thought I'd need an LED on a wah but why not, right? I've had some pop with 3pdt's in wahs (plus I hate the feel of them) so if it helps with that then it's worth it as well.

jalmonsalmon

Quote from: chordball on April 03, 2015, 05:27:21 PM
Quote from: midwayfair on April 03, 2015, 03:23:59 PM

Gotcha. Thanks Jon. I'll give it a shot. I never thought I'd need an LED on a wah but why not, right? I've had some pop with 3pdt's in wahs (plus I hate the feel of them) so if it helps with that then it's worth it as well.

Nice builds Jon!
I am interested in a tap tremolo in the future!  will keep my eye on this project!

And chordball...
LED on a wah is the way to go!  how many times have you had a wah on and wondered wtf is going on with my AMP and then realize the damn wah is on?  ::)
I know it has happened to someone else beisides me!   
Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST . .

panchokunstmann

awe-inspiring!!!!

I want to have my Cardinal Tremolo with tap tempo!

keep us updated Jon to buy the pcb  ;D