News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Ninety Ninety (NomNom)

Started by mcallisterra, March 29, 2015, 11:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jebus

Quote from: TreeSlayer on March 30, 2015, 09:20:44 PM
i just downloaded the PDF. it doesn't say how to make the reverse image. is that a function of the printer?

lt

You can do that with any image editing software. I don't know if even Microsoft Paint can nowadays do it. I use free software called Gimp.  :)

nzCdog

looks great dude, nice build :D

pryde

Quote from: Jebus on March 30, 2015, 09:36:43 PM
i just downloaded the PDF. it doesn't say how to make the reverse image. is that a function of the printer?

lt

You can do that with any image editing software. I don't know if even Microsoft Paint can nowadays do it. I use free software called Gimp.  :)

I use Inkscape to create the image then there is a "horizontal flip" button in the toolbar. Whatever you use there should be something similar you can do to the image.

TreeSlayer

Quote from: pryde on March 30, 2015, 10:19:06 PM
Quote from: Jebus on March 30, 2015, 09:36:43 PM

lt

I use Inkscape to create the image then there is a "horizontal flip" button in the toolbar. Whatever you use there should be something similar you can do to the image.
cool! i'll check in to it.
"At the line it's just you, me and the tree." the TreeSlayer

"You have the rest of your life to make excuses and be a fuckin' pussy. Today is your day OFF!"  Amiri King

TreeSlayer

Quote from: pryde on March 30, 2015, 03:56:39 PM
Here is a link if you want to check it out: Thanks

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bzpig6axmhhpltm/Enclosure%20Etching%20Tutorial%20JPGuitarworks%202013.pdf

lt
I assume that etching is only black and white? no color.

LT
"At the line it's just you, me and the tree." the TreeSlayer

"You have the rest of your life to make excuses and be a fuckin' pussy. Today is your day OFF!"  Amiri King

mcallisterra

Nothing that you actually print will stay on the pedal. It is just acting as a mask to block the acid from certain areas. You could theoretically paint it however you liked afterwards by spraying a color over it then sanding it flat (leaving the color in the etched areas).

mcallisterra