News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

I found this interesting...

Started by GrindCustoms, March 31, 2015, 01:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrindCustoms

Jason linked me to this table.... but yeah, found it interesting, nice mentions around 40minutes ;)

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

rullywowr

Quote from: GrindCustoms on March 31, 2015, 01:39:00 PM
Jason linked me to this table.... but yeah, found it interesting, nice mentions around 40minutes ;)

Interesting, indeed.

About 47:06  ;)

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

GrindCustoms

Quote from: rullywowr on March 31, 2015, 01:51:58 PM
Quote from: GrindCustoms on March 31, 2015, 01:39:00 PM

Interesting, indeed.

About 47:06  ;)

Hmmm... yeah.. it was to make sure you guys where ready for it. ;)

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

micromegas

I only watched to the first half hour... too much "trust your ear, not what's inside". There's no magic in components but, as Mr. Neunaber said, the quality is a factor too (regarding either construction, components and reliability or algorithms)

Also, I could be wrong or maybe it's my grumpy side but, in my opinion, Josh (JHS) should not speak that easy about "not worrying about the insides of a pedal" or about "cloning".

Thanks to Brian Wampler for the mention. We are great indeed  ;D (that was a kudos from one Brian to another Brian?)
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

micromegas

I finally watched it complete. I would have liked to listen Brian Neunaber talk a little more... and to hear more things about the diy world.

madbean

Very nice of Brian Wampler to mention the DIY community. He seems always seems like a down to earth guy.

GrindCustoms

I think it would be nice one day, that DIY gets the recognition it deserves.... ....far as bringing new idea or concepts to the table that is....

And then have that sort of table where you'd have the instigators and dominant figures of DIY sitting on a panel... i think i'd travel to listen at those guys...

micromegas

Quote from: GrindCustoms on March 31, 2015, 03:19:19 PM
I think it would be nice one day, that DIY gets the recognition it deserves.... ....far as bringing new idea or concepts to the table that is....

And then have that sort of table where you'd have the instigators and dominant figures of DIY sitting on a panel... i think i'd travel to listen at those guys...
You'll need a bigger table. Maybe a round one. With green felt on top  ;D

madbean

micromegas

chromesphere

Quote from: madbean on March 31, 2015, 03:15:00 PM
Very nice of Brian Wampler to mention the DIY community. He seems always seems like a down to earth guy.

Totally agree.  I was quite humbled when he mentioned me in his 5 DIY Mods article in Premier Guitar.  Would actually indicate that he might watch my channel.  Staying in touch with the DIY world even if only slightly is a refreshing change from commercial pedal builders that try to ignore or even deny their DIY Past.
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

icecycle66

How dare somebody clone a JHS pedal!? The nerve!

jimilee

Quote from: icecycle66 on March 31, 2015, 04:21:12 PM
Right!!! That's their job, other wise you're just cloning someone else's clone...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

pickdropper

Quote from: jimilee on March 31, 2015, 04:42:22 PM

Quote from: icecycle66 on March 31, 2015, 04:21:12 PM
Right!!! That's their job, other wise you're just cloning someone else's clone...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I skipped around a bit, but the parts I saw were kind of interesting.

I looked at it from a different angle as I will be on a panel like this next month (not pedal related).  Never done it before so I am a bit curious (and maybe a touch nervous).
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

alanp

The part where Brian Wampler was talking about digital pedals, and how it's a LOT harder to clone something with firmware...

I couldn't help but notice Josh nodding along ;)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website