Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The 57th Strat ever made

Started by lincolnic, April 02, 2015, 02:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lincolnic

Seriously. Its serial number is 0057.

https://reverb.com/item/582117-1954-fender-stratocaster

A beautiful guitar to be sure, but do you think it'll ever be played by whoever buys it? (I'm assuming some rich person will buy it eventually.)

billstein

Oh man! My wife says I can only spend $150,000. on a guitar. Once again I miss out.  :-[

pickdropper

That seems awfully optimistic for a Strat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

davent

Quote from: lincolnic on April 02, 2015, 02:01:29 PM
Seriously. Its serial number is 0057.

https://reverb.com/item/582117-1954-fender-stratocaster

A beautiful guitar to be sure, but do you think it'll ever be played by whoever buys it...?

From the looks of it, that wouldn't be too much different from how it's spent it's first 60 years of existence.
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

madbean

If I had a suit, I would put it on, pretend to be a buyer and go play this at the store.

lars

That almost seems to be too nice to be true! Did they keep it in a vacuum seal all those decades? The headstock decal looks brand new. Even my mid 80's strat shows yellowing on the decal borders. And those bakelite parts are blindingly white.
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

rullywowr

I think I may buy it and put a Floyd Trem in.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

Luke51411

Quote from: rullywowr on April 02, 2015, 05:11:11 PM
Mod it into a lefty so it will be really unique.

Govmnt_Lacky

The fact that it has ZERO dust ANYWHERE... even if it was locked in its case for decades, tells me that it has had professional restoration. Look at the pickguard screws. Looks like they were "recovered."

Also.. is it me or do the pickups look like the poles are sunk in marble..  ???

billstein

Ok. That made me laugh.

Maybe relic it so it shows its age. :)

dont-tase-me-bro

Live webcast a demo on TGP, and just take a sledgehammer to it
I thought this would save me money.

EBRAddict

Quote from: lars on April 02, 2015, 04:55:00 PM
That almost seems to be too nice to be true! Did they keep it in a vacuum seal all those decades? The headstock decal looks brand new. Even my mid 80's strat shows yellowing on the decal borders. And those bakelite parts are blindingly white.

I'm not an expert but I agree it looks too clean. I would expect to see corrosion on the tuners and pickup poles on a guitar that old.

EBRAddict

Going for HSH as well?

gordo

Quote from: lars on April 02, 2015, 04:55:00 PM

Right?  I look nowhere near that pristine and I'm a good three years younger.  Seriously though, I don't know how if it would be possible to buy it and keep it packed in nitrogen since day 1 and have it look that good.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

peAk