News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

La Vache! So tasty.

Started by DrStantz, June 17, 2011, 05:09:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrStantz

My La Vache,  I swapped R4 for a 100 ohm resistor (Thanks Madbean!!) and Z3 is a big ole red LED. Sounds great! First pedal pictures I've posted on here. I had to go crazy with some iPhone app filters.

The Face of Zeus

Guts
--
"Listen. Do you smell something?"

nzCdog

Tasty indeed!  Nice job man, I really like the look of this one :)

petesz

Thats so great!! Wiring looks super tidy too, well done! ;)

mjcyates

Looks great! I currently have one of these in the works.

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

DrStantz

Thanks guys! I dig the pedal, but I doubt it'll knock my sunking off my main board but It's a sweet pedal for sure. Something that really really impressed me with this pedal is with my blues jr  it really makes its sound less boxy and bigger than it is. Makes me like that amp a lot more and makes me want to wait to mod it till its warranty runs out!

I used it with my 59 Bassman LTD RI and it didn't add much tweed flavor because theres enough there to begin with. But its cool as a light dirt box.
--

Jimihendrix1987

Hi there !

To Begin with I would like to congratulate DR.Stantz for his great paper in Ghosbusters. It seems that He also knows how to build great pedals  ;D

Secondly. I would want to ask him Why have he changed the 330ohm resistor to a 100 ohm? What do you get?

Nice work man ;)

DrStantz

I'm a HUGE Ghostbusters fan, my Dad and I are slowly restoring a '59 Cadillac Miller Meteor Hearse (they had a ambulance I know but anyway) that we bought because I've always wanted the Ecto 1, but we arent going to put all the lights and stuff on it. If thats not the definition of extreme fan I dont know what is! :D

Brian (Madbean) suggested swapping R4 to 100ohm for more gain and volume and it does beef the pedal up, maybe it was just me but even with the volume maxed it just didn't give me near enough of a boost with the gain lowered with the 330 ohm resistor in there. It didn't change the tone of the pedal at all just gave it a little more push.
--

DrStantz

Also Z3 was a Bat41 before I changed it to a LED and I think the LED really helps differentiate that setting on the switch, it's a subtle tonal difference but there is more volume there to my ears.

I really like this pedal with my Gibson LP Jr with Fralin P90s, it's total ballsy early Neil Young tone.
--

bigmufffuzzwizz

The artwork is awesome!! kinda looks like me  :P
There's a ghostbusters car thats around Santa Monica! I always laugh when i see it
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

bigmufffuzzwizz

Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

DrStantz

I found a pic of a statue of Zeus and shopped it to make it look a stamp.

Man I'd wet myself if I saw that thing :D
--