News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Synare 3 (80's Analog Drum) ***Now with Demo!!!

Started by peAk, April 03, 2015, 01:26:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peAk

Thanks for all the kind words guys

I have now added a short demo so you can see how fantastic and fun this thing is.

davent

I don't want to work
I want to bang on the drum all day

Sounds great, loads of fun to be had!

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Leevibe

Quote from: peAk on April 04, 2015, 12:29:30 PM
Thanks for all the kind words guys

I have now added a short demo so you can see how fantastic and fun this thing is.

I

LOVE

THAT

CLIP!

This just gets cooler Justin

pryde

Lovely sounds. I made the mistake of showing this to my son and now he wants another father/son project. :)

bcalla

Yup, it sounds as cool as it looks.  I already looked into buying one and they are out of stock.

midwayfair

gordo

Great clip! Very creative. I don't recall the original being that versatile.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

nzCdog

wow dude, that's pretty amazing.  fantastic build, sweet demo 8)

flanagan0718

Wow! Looks like you figured out the power issues. This looks great! Love the enclosure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lincolnic

Sounds great! I think you've just sold a lot of PCBs for helensson...

TGP39

Peak! That sounds like a missing tune from Operation Mindcrime!  I loved it. Ok, we all have to build one now!

Steve.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

peAk

Thanks guys

Like I mentioned in the OP, Helensson said he was working on a new version that will implement midi into the build.

Meanwhile, if someone is interested (Alan.....cough cough), here is a schematic on it: http://clacktronics.co.uk/research/drumlab/star-synare-3/

If I could change/add one other modification to this thing it would be to add some sort of attack control.

My fantasy is to build a device with 3 or 4 of these in there similar to the original. With midi implemented, you could have yourself a complete analog drum machine.  8)

bcalla

I've been looking at that schematic since your original post.  What are those switches with 8 lugs?  Are they 4P3T?

alanp

Two pole sliding switches -- as you move the switch along, the two lugs that the switch is sitting on are connected. You could easily swap 'em for a 1P3T switch of some sort (the sliding ones don't look to have an actual Common lug.)

I think the Osc 2 switch is bung in that schematic... I'd have to sit down and nut it out.

Strongly tempted.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

peAk

obviously you can tell from my build that I didn't go with slider switches. They are just too cheap and flimsy and trying to cut out slots for them would have been a PITA. I ordered some though just to make sure I got the switching right.

The schematic called for (5) 3080s which can get a little expensive @ $5 a pop from Smallbear. Luckily since then, I have found some on Ebay for a little over $1.50 a piece.

The piezo sensors are super cheap too.