News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Just Sayin - the soapbox thread part 2

Started by lars, April 04, 2015, 12:24:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HKimball

What pisses me off is when people refer to mayonnaise as ailoi... It's not garlic aioli you pig it's flavored mayonnaise. Don't pretend it's healthy because it has an Italian sounding name.

Aside from that sriracha is great but really easy to make yourself and adjust the ingredients. I really like sriracha made with green jalapenos and carrots for example.

Chimichurri is also amazing. As is a good mustard sauce. I don't know how many people here have had a chance to try a good mustard style bbq sauce but it's far and away my favorite for pork, rice, French fries, you name it.

pickdropper

A real Aioli is more than just mayo with an extra flavor added.  I've had various quality Aioli sauces.  I haven't loved all of them but most seemed to be fair representations of what they were supposed to be.  Maybe I've just been lucky.

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

rullywowr

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

lars

Quote from: rullywowr on April 04, 2015, 08:08:14 PMReminded me of this clip at about 1:30
http://youtu.be/NS_ROi0iiZw
LOL! Samuel L's reaction is the epitome of how I feel about mayo. ;D
This is the only good mayonnaise IMHO:
*YouTube killed this video* (isn't the web great with all of it's broken links?)
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

micromegas

Quote from: HKimball on April 04, 2015, 06:33:14 PM
What pisses me off is when people refer to mayonnaise as ailoi... It's not garlic aioli you pig it's flavored mayonnaise. Don't pretend it's healthy because it has an Italian sounding name.

Aside from that sriracha is great but really easy to make yourself and adjust the ingredients. I really like sriracha made with green jalapenos and carrots for example.

Chimichurri is also amazing. As is a good mustard sauce. I don't know how many people here have had a chance to try a good mustard style bbq sauce but it's far and away my favorite for pork, rice, French fries, you name it.

Basic diy recipes:

mayonesse: eggs + oil + salt + [lemon or vinegar] you can then add many things: garlic, spices, mustard

ali-oli (spanish name, well, catalan name) or aioli (provençal name): garlic and oil and sometimes herbs like parsley or rosemary

Those are different recipes indeed.

Chimuchurri is awesome. Although it has its origins in South America (Argentina I think) it's a typicall sauce here in the north of Spain. I love the green one :) it is awesome with ribs but also with baked potatos alone.

Btw, where my father comes from, they do something they call "gazpacho blanco" (white gazpacho, doesn't have nothing to do with the typicall spanish gazpacho) with a mayoness that doesn't curdle and bread. I recommend it for all you mayo lovers.
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

lincolnic

I'm also gonna jump on the anti-mayonnaise bandwagon. I always thought I was the only one!

raulduke

A little bit of mayo on the side never did any harm.

It's standard issue with any chicken based burger IMO.