News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Junkyard Dog Distortion

Started by LJangel, April 04, 2015, 07:20:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LJangel

Just finished this over coffee this morning. This is based on the Bearfoot Dyna Red Distortion.  I added a mid-boost switch that flips between two different cap values in the tone circuit (currently a 100nf and a 470nf).  I wanted to make something that looked "beat up" and this is what I came up with after taking a dremel, files, wire brush and doing a rough cut on the top plate with a jig saw.  Attached the dog tags with paper clips, put screening over the holes and added two red LEDs to light it from the interior when it's turned on.  I think I'll take the knobs off and beat them up a little bit on concrete or something.

Luke51411

I dig it! Haha looks really cool!

jimilee

That's crazy good. Very creative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

nzCdog

Wow man, love this pedal.. Totally unique! awesome build 8)

Hogharry

...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...

lincolnic

This is rad! Take another picture if you beat up the knobs.  :)

cooder

Very cool! My dog would love it too and she would chew up the knobs for ya if you let her.... ;)
BigNoise Amplification

Leevibe

This is so tough looking. I really love the way you did the holes and screens. Definitely post another pic if you distress the knobs.

TGP39

This is insane! I love it. This is the kind of stuff that inspires me to be more creative. Fantastic work.

Steve.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

LJangel

thanks everyone.  Cooder, your dog is beautiful.

luks999

wow this is a truly innovative design :) looks awesome

@cooder - you have truly a cute dog :)

selfdestroyer

I love the "out of the box" builds we have been getting on the forum. Great job and really looking forward to seeing more builds from you.

Cody

wgc

It bit me

In a good way!   :P

Awesome
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

Stomptown

This is off the charts and totally original.  I love it!!!  :o

Matt

I like everything about this build. I love the holes in the enclosure!
Matt