News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Buffalo Bill (serial killer) Chorus & DEMO

Started by pryde, April 06, 2015, 04:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pryde

I had this circuit populated for a long while and finally got to box it up. It is the baja chorus (EH Small Clone). I did the face plate using masking and liquid tin for the silver parts. The plate is also has Envirotex covering it.

I wanted to mess with some duo-toning on the etched plates as I have done several in either color but never together  :). The result is pretty cool as many have also seen in other's builds on the forum.

Many will know who the fictional Buffalo Bill is and the significance of the "deaths head moth" symbol there. What does it have to do with chorus? Nothing really, my wife and I just like serial killer movies is all  ;D

Anyway the demo gives you an idea of it's gorgeous, warm chorus. I really am not a huge chorus guy but this one is really nice for occasional riffage and what-not.

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/jpparlier/buffalo-bill-analog-chorus[/soundcloud]

Martan

Very cool! Love the Duotone finish. Does sound very warm. Was there also a delay on that track or just the chorus? I also really dug that kind of trilled/hammer-on part that was repeated in the beginning. Nice playing.

Marty

Leevibe

Dude, that faceplate is stunning. Seriously cool. Fantastic demo too. I can't even hear the lambs.

TGP39

Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

pryde

Quote from: mgotoo03 on April 06, 2015, 05:03:31 PM
Very cool! Love the Duotone finish. Does sound very warm. Was there also a delay on that track or just the chorus? I also really dug that kind of trilled/hammer-on part that was repeated in the beginning. Nice playing.

Marty

The base track is just the chorus. There is a subtle second track overlaying the "trilled/hammer-on" part with a bit of delay added. The riff is from a Bon-Iver song. Really nice stuff.

Jebus

selfdestroyer

Wow you nailed this. I love the artwork and that liquid tin with the masking came out awesome. I do have a fuzz I did with the same artwork that I was going to etch in the near future but now seeing how clean your is I may revisit the artwork in Photoshop. lol

Cody

Haberdasher

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

pryde

Quote from: selfdestroyer on April 06, 2015, 06:46:30 PM
Wow you nailed this. I love the artwork and that liquid tin with the masking came out awesome. I do have a fuzz I did with the same artwork that I was going to etch in the near future but now seeing how clean your is I may revisit the artwork in Photoshop. lol

Cody

Thanks Cody (and everyone else) for the compliment. I didn't realize until laying out this artwork that the "skull" on the moth is actually S. Dali's In Voluptate Mors. Translation: "Voluptuous Death" it's a portrait of many naked ladies laying together froming a skull  ;)

kewl

billstein

lars

Ah, the small clone. Definitely one of the best chorus pedals ever made. Great job on this build, you nailed that warm analog sound these had. Thanks for not regurgitating "come as you are".

nzCdog

beautiful build.... makes me think this will be an upcoming build for, esp after that awesome demo

billstein

Anybody have any idea where to find the BOM and etch for this board?

pryde

Quote from: billstein on April 06, 2015, 11:20:38 PM

Haberdasher etched this board for me a while back so maybe check with him. If you want fabbed then go with stomptown's pennyroyal pcb  ;)

billstein

Quote from: pryde on April 06, 2015, 11:36:17 PM
Quote from: billstein on April 06, 2015, 11:20:38 PM

Haberdasher etched this board for me a while back so maybe check with him. If you want fabbed then go with stomptown's pennyroyal pcb  ;)

Thanks. Did you use the liquid frisket for masking?