Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Common pedal parts smd versions and sourcing

Started by brejna, April 04, 2015, 04:00:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

Quote from: brejna on April 06, 2015, 11:42:02 AM
Quote from: pickdropper on April 05, 2015, 06:03:44 AM
How about Farnell?  They should have most of it, too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've checked them and they are not shipping to Bosnia. I cannot finish registration on there site..

Bummer.  I would've thought they would ship there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

micromegas

Last time I placed an order with Mouser I had free shipping over 60 € here in Spain.

'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

chuckbuick

Quote from: RobA on April 04, 2015, 07:51:27 AM
On diodes, it can get a bit weird because there are three different footprints for them in SMD, SOT-23, SOD123, and mini-MELF. So, you have to find one that matches the type of diode you need and the footprint. The 1N4148 is easily available in a SOD123 format.
In addition to these there are also SOD323 and SOD523.  They get smaller as the number goes higher.  I typically use SOD323's.  I've used 523's before but they are just too much of a PITA to use.  The physical size isn't as much of an issue as being able to see which side is which.

For 1N4001's I find the most commonly available package size is DO-214AC.

Sometimes the datasheets for certain transistors will also have their SMD counterparts.  Googling something like "BCXXX SMD equivalent" will usually yield decent results as well.

brejna

Quote from: micromegas on April 06, 2015, 01:54:06 PM
Last time I placed an order with Mouser I had free shipping over 60 € here in Spain.

Is this regular thing? Do they usually ship for free above some value?

Quote from: chuckbuick on April 06, 2015, 05:29:14 PM
Quote from: RobA on April 04, 2015, 07:51:27 AM
On diodes, it can get a bit weird because there are three different footprints for them in SMD, SOT-23, SOD123, and mini-MELF. So, you have to find one that matches the type of diode you need and the footprint. The 1N4148 is easily available in a SOD123 format.
In addition to these there are also SOD323 and SOD523.  They get smaller as the number goes higher.  I typically use SOD323's.  I've used 523's before but they are just too much of a PITA to use.  The physical size isn't as much of an issue as being able to see which side is which.

For 1N4001's I find the most commonly available package size is DO-214AC.

Sometimes the datasheets for certain transistors will also have their SMD counterparts.  Googling something like "BCXXX SMD equivalent" will usually yield decent results as well.

Thanks, that is very usefull. What type of tweezers do you recommend?

micromegas

Quote from: brejna on April 07, 2015, 03:56:48 AM

If you reach a 65€ value here you have free shipping. But they have a warehose in Spain, so maybe it is because of that
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

brejna

Quote from: micromegas on April 07, 2015, 04:10:18 AM

If you reach a 65€ value here you have free shipping. But they have a warehose in Spain, so maybe it is because of that

Yup, probably that is reason why..  :-\

chuckbuick

Quote from: brejna on April 07, 2015, 03:56:48 AMThanks, that is very usefull. What type of tweezers do you recommend?
This is the pair I use at work.  I prefer the angled ones but I only have straight ones at home and they work fine for parts placement.  I just keep forgetting to order curved ones to have at home.  They are stainless steel.  Having sharp, pointy tips is the key.  I think these came from Mouser, too.

sturgeo

Yup, in the UK it's any order above £50 ex VAT, parts come from the states and arrive within 3 days via Ups, no fees either

brejna

Quote from: chuckbuick on April 07, 2015, 06:53:19 AM
Quote from: brejna on April 07, 2015, 03:56:48 AMThanks, that is very usefull. What type of tweezers do you recommend?
This is the pair I use at work.  I prefer the angled ones but I only have straight ones at home and they work fine for parts placement.  I just keep forgetting to order curved ones to have at home.  They are stainless steel.  Having sharp, pointy tips is the key.  I think these came from Mouser, too.

Thanks, I appreciate.

Quote from: sturgeo on April 07, 2015, 08:27:25 AM

Yup, in the UK it's any order above £50 ex VAT, parts come from the states and arrive within 3 days via Ups, no fees either

I'll definitely check them.

wgc

I think chrome sphere has a starter kit you should check into. Muddy fox too?

I'm out of riotous pcbs. Also that was a mouser bom. Shipping would be much more than the parts.

Easier to start with something verified than go it alone and order the "almost" right parts.
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings