News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Vox v848 vocal & Cantrell mod

Started by brejna, April 10, 2015, 03:50:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brejna

Hi guys, I did vocal mod, so you can choose 3 different one. First is classic 10n cap, second one I tried 12n for Cantrell voicing but it ended same as 10n so I change it to 15n and last is 22n for those Z.Wylde tones. Also I added A5k pot from pin 1 of wah pot to the GND so you can roll of some of those high freq if you want, just like in J.Cantrell wah. For better range use B5k. It is not sounding exactly as cry baby 'cause Q res is 100k in Clyde and in CB is 33k, also resistor that goes from inductor to GND in Clyde is 82k and in CB 100k.

Cheers
Brane

TGP39

Brejna, this is fantastic. I can't wait to build mine.

Steve.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

cooder

BigNoise Amplification

brejna

Thanks, this is mine good friend's wah. He was complaining on some high frequencies, so I added him few options and he is in love.. Tonight is first test live.. :)

Strassercaster

Yes I did about the same thing except i went 8n 13n and 18n on the first sweep cap. I found that the 1.5k sounds good at 1.7k more mids . I also put 5 inductors in mine. I like the joe gagon tone tank inductor and the whipple halo. you can get a couple tropical fish 220n for the sweep cap and it will warm it up some to .if you want more gain lower the 470 ohm to 330 for more gain. you should check our geofex article on the wah its everything you want to know 80 percent of the circuit is disected for each value change.I got  A FEVER AND THE ONLY PRESCRIPTION IS MORE WAH WAH

brejna

Quote from: Strassercaster on May 08, 2015, 01:35:13 PM
Yes I did about the same thing except i went 8n 13n and 18n on the first sweep cap. I found that the 1.5k sounds good at 1.7k more mids . I also put 5 inductors in mine. I like the joe gagon tone tank inductor and the whipple halo. you can get a couple tropical fish 220n for the sweep cap and it will warm it up some to .if you want more gain lower the 470 ohm to 330 for more gain. you should check our geofex article on the wah its everything you want to know 80 percent of the circuit is disected for each value change.I got  A FEVER AND THE ONLY PRESCRIPTION IS MORE WAH WAH

Thanks for infos! Where is your build report :D ...and demo :D