News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tube Protection (huh-huh)

Started by AntKnee, April 11, 2015, 07:45:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AntKnee

I've seen a variety of tube guards on some builds, but where are they found? I am doing a tube driver, looking for a cool looking way of protecting the tube, don't want to go with the nuts/bolts hardware approach.
Thanks.
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

juansolo

U bolts, or drawer handles. From a hardware store.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

AntKnee

There seems to be two common methods, the U bolt/drawer handle method or the round one that goes over the tube. Between those, I prefer the latter, but I am looking for something more decorative, and that surrounds the tube. I am trying not to use anything U shaped or "bolt-y". If anyone has any suggestions for what to use, please chime in.
Thanks!

Luke51411

Quote from: AntKnee on April 16, 2015, 07:09:25 AM
There seems to be two common methods, the U bolt/drawer handle method or the round one that goes over the tube. Between those, I prefer the latter, but I am looking for something more decorative, and that surrounds the tube. I am trying not to use anything U shaped or "bolt-y". If anyone has any suggestions for what to use, please chime in.
Thanks!
There's this...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1pc-Tube-Guard-Protector-Cover-For-EL84-6BQ5-6P14-Audio-Amp-Amplifier-Silver-/251296654755?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a8272a5a3

AntKnee

Yeah, thats the common round kind that seems to be the only commercially available alternative to U bolts. I'm looking for something different than usual. Something more hot-rod, or more steam punk.
Thanks for the help!

davent

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

thomasha

nice one,
I'm looking for something like that to, and steampunk is a must!

but I guess the last one won't protect the tube, but looks good with the copper tubing.

After some googling...maybe some glass?

wgc

Me three, looking for something a bit different too...
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings