News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Just for the LOLs - any boss metalzone mods?

Started by the3secondrule, April 12, 2015, 12:47:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the3secondrule

I picked one up for practically nothing. I know they are awful and any mods are just an exercise in turd-polishing, but are there any mods out there worth trying? (Aside from just setting it on fire?)
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Muadzin

The only mods I know from personal experience are Monte Allums mods, but they do manage to make a decent pedal out of the Metal Zone, so I'm not buying into this 'polishing up a turd' thing. I don't even think its a turd as it is, just that the people who usually buy it have no clue how to get a decent sound out of it. And since all aspiring metal heads know only one thing, scooped mids, they will make it sound like a turd. Because that is what scooped mids does anyway.

I know there are a lot of free mods for the Metal Zone out there, but the only one who comes to mind is the Diezel mod.

Matt

Matt

Luke51411

I don't know about the metal zone but I've modded a few DS-1 pedals to sound pretty killer. I got started in this hobby doing Monte Allums mods on boss pedals.

the3secondrule

Ah yeah, pretty sure the diezel mods I've done previously for a friend - they rendered the Mz surprisingly usable.
I'll look up the Allum mods too

Cheers y'all
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"