News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

3pdt stomps - I'm done! alternatives - opto or relay bypass?

Started by the3secondrule, March 22, 2015, 10:23:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chromesphere

As expected my price is more, Your looking at $2.80 aud versus $1.00 usd (approx. $1.30 aud).  Ill stick a bunch on the store for those that want to add one or two with other order items but for bulk, definitely want to take up Rej in his group buy!
Cheers
Paul
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

GrindCustoms

Quote from: chromesphere on April 01, 2015, 07:07:17 PM
As expected my price is more, Your looking at $2.80 aud versus $1.00 usd (approx. $1.30 aud).  Ill stick a bunch on the store for those that want to add one or two with other order items but for bulk, definitely want to take up Rej in his group buy!
Cheers
Paul

Sending you a PM ;)
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

the3secondrule

Quote from: GrindCustoms on April 01, 2015, 06:02:01 PM
Well... we are currently offering them in our groupbuy at 1$ each, 3.50$ shipping worldwide, no quantity limit....

Ok sweet :) didn't realise you were selling the optos seperately - I'll put myself down for a bunch of optos as well as a few of the opto and board combos ;)
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

raulduke

Doe anyone know a reason why I couldn't use a H11F1VM (as opposed to H11F1M)?

They are considerably cheaper on Mouser.

The only difference I can see from the datasheet is that it has an IEC approval  (to quote):

(Example)                                                     Description
No option                         H11F1M                  Standard Through Hole Device
S                                     H11F1SM                Surface Mount Lead Bend
SR2                                 H11F1SR2M              Surface Mount; Tape and Reel
V                                     H11F1VM                IEC60747-5-2 approval
TV                                   H11F1TVM               IEC60747-5-2 approval, 0.4" Lead Spacing
SV                                   H11F1SVM               IEC60747-5-2 approval, Surface Mount
SR2V                              H11F1SR2VM             IEC60747-5-2 approval, Surface Mount, Tape and Reel

GrindCustoms

Quote from: raulduke on April 15, 2015, 01:44:59 AM

The only difference I can see from the datasheet is that it has an IEC approval  (to quote):

No option                         H11F1M                  Standard Through Hole Device
S                                     H11F1SM                Surface Mount Lead Bend
SR2                                 H11F1SR2M              Surface Mount; Tape and Reel
V                                     H11F1VM                IEC60747-5-2 approval
TV                                   H11F1TVM               IEC60747-5-2 approval, 0.4" Lead Spacing
SV                                   H11F1SVM               IEC60747-5-2 approval, Surface Mount
SR2V                              H11F1SR2VM             IEC60747-5-2 approval, Surface Mount, Tape and Reel

No reason to not use them, we've tested those side by side with the H11F1M and a bunch load of other Optocouplers... and it's those that are purchased for our Lumen GB.

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

raulduke

Quote from: GrindCustoms on April 15, 2015, 01:51:54 AM

No reason to not use them, we've tested those side by side with the H11F1M and a bunch load of other Optocouplers... and it's those that are purchased for our Lumen GB.

That's good to know.

I guess they are cheaper because Mouser have bought a shit ton of them (my usual instincts tell me if it's cheaper... then something must be up)  ;D

GrindCustoms

Quote from: raulduke on April 15, 2015, 02:23:54 AM
Quote from: GrindCustoms on April 15, 2015, 01:51:54 AM

That's good to know.

I guess they are cheaper because Mouser have bought a shit ton of them (my usual instincts tell me if it's cheaper... then something must be up)  ;D

They're probably cheaper because they have the IEC approval and are more used by manufacturers, that's my thought.. that was also confirmed after i talked on phone with the good folks at Mouser.

juansolo

We use VM's. We get them as a Production Pack from RS (50 minimum I think, or it might be in packs of 25, either way it's cheaper than anywhere else in the UK by lots).
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk