News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mouser Xicon resistor price bump

Started by Luke51411, December 13, 2014, 02:47:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aion

Quote from: dadler on April 20, 2015, 09:25:19 AM
Xicons @ Mouser seem to have doubled in price again, to $10/200. Geez I thought $5/200 was expensive.

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Xicon/270-10K-RC/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMu61qfTUdNhG%2fNICg4NOtz5D3ChGIwXeqI%3d

Not all of them are that much, but wow, for such a common value that's a bummer. I checked yesterday and it seemed on a casual glance like it was mostly your non-standard high-precision values like 12.1k. I guess not.

GrindCustoms

The KOA/Speer at Mouser comes out at similar price than what the Xicon where, excellent quality, same lead thickness.

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

micromegas

Quote from: GrindCustoms on April 20, 2015, 12:39:35 PM
The KOA/Speer at Mouser comes out at similar price than what the Xicon where, excellent quality, same lead thickness.
+1. I compared the KOAs with Xicon and Vishay resistors and I did not find a reason for not using those instead.
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

pickdropper

Yeah, KOAs are fine.

For the more common values, I just may bump to buying 1k of the Xicons.  They go down to 1.7 cents a piece then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

EBRAddict

I mic'd the leads on a few brands. KOA were thicker than Xicon. Tayda was the thinnest of all, even thinner than some lots I bought on eBay.

Also Newark is having a sale on some of their MultiComp carbon 1/4W (0.4 cents) and 1/2W (0.6 cents). I picked up a thousand total of 1k, 10k, 100k, 1M and whatever other E12 values were on sale for under $5  ;D. 1/3 the price of Tayda.

pickdropper

Yeah, Newark and Allied have good prices (especially if they are on sale) but not as many values.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

chromesphere

Quote from: alanp on December 13, 2014, 12:21:15 PM
Are those the resistors with ungodly thick leads? I bought some mystery resistors from the local Jaycar once before it closed (it was saturday, and I wanted to verify that 1.4 Doppelganger NOW dammit, not in a week), and they wouldn't sit flat because of the tree trunk legs on them.

Partly why I keep buying el cheapo tayda resistors :P

Never had this problem with thick leaded resistors, ever, but I suspect jaycar resistors aren't xicon and are actually thicker.

Edit: atleast they USED to be.  I think they have changed brands.
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube