Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pre-order update

Started by madbean, April 20, 2015, 09:13:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

Quote from: alanp on May 07, 2015, 10:15:10 PM
Quote from: ggarms on May 07, 2015, 07:49:47 PM
Would 4x 3005 work in this application? I'm dying to know if you've tried that out yet.

Thing is, BL3208's are in current production, and MN3005's are not. Germanium transistors are one thing (no danger of them running out soon), but low volume BBDs are another...

Brian, I thought the 3208 was a 9V part?

The 3208 is 10v max. The way I have this set up is that the audio/filters run at 15v and the BBD section runs at 10v. The compander section is modified slightly so that the output is matched to the Vb supply of the audio section which helps keep the signal clean. It's a similar setup to the Echoczar (although the actual circuits are nothing alike).

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: alanp on May 07, 2015, 10:15:10 PM
Thing is, BL3208's are in current production

I think you might be mistaken on this one Alan.

I was just on the phone with Belling last week for work. When I was done with business, I asked the rep about their BBD line and if they were planning to re-make any 4096-based chips (like the 3205s)

I was told that they are only producing 3207 chips and have no plans to produce new stock of 3208s or 3205s  :-\

madbean

Yes, that seems to be the case. They are still available for the time being though through some vendors but the supply will dwindle. I will see about getting some links together for the build doc.

I do have some of the supposed new and improved v3205's so I will try those out too. Not holding my breath, though.

Luke51411

Sounds epic, this might have to be the time I build my first analog delay.

madbean

You know, all it is going to take is an EOL on the PT2399 and the v series of chips and we are all shit out of luck on building delays down the road. I seriously hope someone will come along an do a new production run of something equivalent to the MN3005 with the higher voltage tolerance.

playpunk

Quote from: madbean on May 08, 2015, 06:21:20 AM
You know, all it is going to take is an EOL on the PT2399 and the v series of chips and we are all shit out of luck on building delays down the road. I seriously hope someone will come along an do a new production run of something equivalent to the MN3005 with the higher voltage tolerance.

Do you think that people will eventually just switch to a DSP system? the fv-1 delays I've heard sound pretty good.
"my legend grows" - playpunk

Luke51411

Quote from: madbean on May 08, 2015, 06:21:20 AM
My new business plan:
1: buy up ALL TEH PT2399
2:????
3:Profit! 8)

gylsmrk

sounds like a long-term action-plan involving a huge amount of greens  :D

Luke51411

Quote from: gylsmrk on May 08, 2015, 06:41:13 AM
sounds like a long-term action-plan involving a huge amount of greens  :D
It's my retirement plan ;D

Zigcat

@Luke51411 Underpants!

lincolnic

So how are the other circuits doing? Any word on the Rustbucket?

Also, since you had previously mentioned lack of funds as one reason these PCBs were taking a while: if the Freekout is done, have you thought about releasing that one sooner? Could help bankroll some of the other projects, especially if you're still planning a preorder for them.

gylsmrk

Quote from: lincolnic on May 08, 2015, 09:10:35 PM
So how are the other circuits doing? Any word on the Rustbucket?

Also, since you had previously mentioned lack of funds as one reason these PCBs were taking a while: if the Freekout is done, have you thought about releasing that one sooner? Could help bankroll some of the other projects, especially if you're still planning a preorder for them.

and by the way I would immediately pay for a Freekout PCB, even for pre-order

Marshall Arts

Jules

Me 3
Freekout
Lowrider
ZPDLX

I Can barely wait much longer! Very, very keen to build these.
Madbean PCBs are always so well done, great build docs etc.
I imagine it must take a lot of time and work to get it right.
Until then I will keep exercising my patience.....

ggarms

Ah, is this only new production bbd compatible? I thought this could handle 4x 3008, so I was just wondering if he happened to plop 4x 3005 in for giggles.