News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Upper Decker

Started by flanagan0718, April 21, 2015, 03:52:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flanagan0718

Hey guys,
    Finished this up over the weekend. It's an Upper Decker build I did for a friend. He was looking for something with a lot of gain so...this is what he got. The build is very fun. The bard is Etched buy me and was a great project. After the Upraor I did I decided to slow down and take my time with the wiring on this one. I had the board populated for a while (before I moved 4 months ago) it just kept getting pushed off because it is a "freebie". As you can see from the pictures the decal came out a little wanky. I think that this might be because i used cool water instead of warm. This, I think, allowed the clear coat to get under the decal and make it all wavy. This was my fourth attempt. I decided to leave it this way because, well, it cost me 4 sheets of decal paper. Any ways...here is what you really want.

I used this as an attention to detail build. The switch wiring is very much all over the place. I figured it was a good one to take my time and pay attention to what I was doing. Any ways thanks for reading. I'll post a video soon.

-Mike-

alanp

Any noise problems? I rarely bother with shielded wire either. I thought that you were using some rare Russian IC's or something for a second with that first gutshot!

Very tidy build, I like it :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

flanagan0718

Quote from: alanp on April 21, 2015, 04:00:26 AM
Any noise problems? I rarely bother with shielded wire either. I thought that you were using some rare Russian IC's or something for a second with that first gutshot!

Very tidy build, I like it :)

Thanks. When I tested it my daughter was asleep. So I didn't get a chance the crank it. I will definatly get a chance to do a through test tomorrow. but from what I heard...no noise.

selfdestroyer

Great job Mike. Its a fun high gain circuit for sure.

Cody

bcalla

Nice work, Mike!  Very clean wiring.  Cool etched board, too.

brejna

Great looking pedal (Y) I did build it about 2 years ago and it went to my friend and it never came back to me. Maybe I could make another one :D

flanagan0718

Quote from: alanp on April 21, 2015, 04:00:26 AM
I thought that you were using some rare Russian IC's or something for a second with that first gutshot!

At first I didn't know what you were talking about then I noticed it. I must have flipped the image. HAHA

Quote from: brejna on April 21, 2015, 02:48:37 PM

Quote from: bcalla on April 21, 2015, 02:26:07 PM
Nice work, Mike!  Very clean wiring.  Cool etched board, too.
Great looking pedal (Y) I did build it about 2 years ago and it went to my friend and it never came back to me. Maybe I could make another one :D

Quote from: selfdestroyer on April 21, 2015, 04:19:54 AM
Great job Mike. Its a fun high gain circuit for sure.

Cody

Thanks for the kind words guys.  :D

Cortexturizer

I approve and love everything about this. Fantastic pedal!
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

rullywowr

Crank it up!  Nice neat wiring there...what a fun little ripper.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

TGP39

Great job Mike. You have one lucky friend there. I would be thrilled to have this distortion monster.

Steve.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

blearyeyes

It's got so much gain it melted the decal!

I have a couple more of these I should build.
Did you stick with the original Gain circuit or mod it?

Really envious of people that make their own boards..I'm just lazy plus I know Haberdasher!

flanagan0718

Quote from: blearyeyes on April 21, 2015, 10:37:44 PM
It's got so much gain it melted the decal!

I have a couple more of these I should build.
Did you stick with the original Gain circuit or mod it?

Really envious of people that make their own boards..I'm just lazy plus I know Haberdasher!

I stuck with the original gain and "boost" circuit. I didn't do any mods. It is a MONSTER too. I just played around with it...good lord!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

diablochris6

The clean wiring is spectacular. Great job.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

nzCdog

man that is really clean work... love it!

cooder

Tidy cool looking grinder there....! Great build!
BigNoise Amplification