News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Highway to the Danger Zone.....

Started by TGP39, April 22, 2015, 08:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TGP39

Hello guys,
     I realized I have never owned a CD4049 overdrive circuit before so I thought I would give Brian's Danger Zone a test drive. ;)  Well I'm glad I did. This is an awesome creamy to crunchy tone. I just plugged my SG into the DZ into my JC120 clean and went to town. I think I blacked out for a few minutes. :) Really great tone!  It took me about 1 hour to put the circuit together and test it out (I must be getting better in that department), but it took me days to do the graphics/design and it still came out meh. I need to repaint, but I'll show you guys what I did.

BTW, this is one of Mac's enclosures. Well worth the money for something different.
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=20786.0

Obviously Dan (DMinner) has influenced me with new design ideas. :)

If anybody has suggestions as to better ideas to repaint, let me know. Keep in mind that the 'Danger Zone' part is a regular etch and the knob labels are a reverse etch. Thanks for looking and keep building.

Steve
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

Lubdar

That's awesome! I like the LED placement!
(--c^.^)--c

brucer

Leave it, seriously.  That looks great.

cooder

That looks super! Tidy insides and I dig the look you gave it! Has attitude in the best sense of the word!
BigNoise Amplification

Haberdasher

i wouldn't change the paint job, i like it
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

lincolnic

I'm with the rest of these guys, I think it looks great.

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

alanp

The only change I'd make to the paint is some fine, delicate detailing with white around the knob labelling.

Otherwise, looks sweet as.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

selfdestroyer

I wouldn't change a thing.. That enclosure looks sweet and the LED placement is a winner.

Cody

Cortexturizer

that thing looks killer. F-in killer man!
I had an interest for that circuit for the longest time. Gotta jump on it soon.
any chance of a sound clip? It would be awesome just to hear a few seconds of it and it's ability to clean up via the guitar vol knob if you can make the time and do it. if not, I still like your build a whole f-in lot! :D
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

nzCdog

oh dude that's pure awesome! love the LED incorporated into the labeling... the etch is sublime also, great pedal

Dminner

Love that huge led fresnal and it's placement

bcalla

I wouldn't change a thing - it looks great!

Luke51411

I love everything about this build, wouldn't change a thing!

HKimball

Yeah this is exactly the kind of thing I want more of in my life. Great build, great wiring, love the opto-stomp, the huge LED, the etching, I mean just everything about it haha