News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dream Smasher - RM and Delay

Started by mcasemo, April 26, 2015, 06:50:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcasemo

The pedal hobby got me hooked up with some musicians in New Orleans, and one guy i've been fortunate to become friends with knows lots of people (Gary Wrong, Gary Wrong Group, Wizzard Sleeve, Vatican Dagger....).  I sell a pedal every so often at a local shop and made a orange squeezer that he tried and loved how it drove his amp.  So we tried out rangemasters and he decided he wanted to make a "signature pedal" of sorts to sell along with his albums and shirts....  Ended up with rangemaster into a deep blue delay-ish delay with rate knob on the side to control with your foot.  I put a switch inboard for caps options for the RM.

Fortunately he can sell stuff, so making as many as i can, but unfortunately it get's tiresome making the same thing over and over.  But was interesting to make 5 at a time and tweak my normal process.  For instance, for tagboards, i created a 0.1" grid in powerpoint and put the cut pattern on it and print it out, align them with the stripboard and mark the cut locations by letting a marker bleed through.  Other thing i finally realized that helps, when putting in the in, out, 9v, ground, switch, pot wires to the board, strip enough insulation so you can sorta hook them to stay in place.  I used to do one at a time, but this suddenly lets me put them all in and set up to solder once.  Maybe this is an obvious thing, but took me a long time to figure it out, haha.

anyway, messy wiring below, and a video Gary Wrong made with the prototype.

Luke51411

Sweet! Great pedals. I am working on a similar deal with a local musician. I love how this hobby has potential to get you in to the local music scene if you are otherwise a recluse like myself haha.

cooder

BigNoise Amplification

bcalla