News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Help understanding Sadowsky bass preamp impedance

Started by garfo, February 05, 2015, 06:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garfo

http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.pt/2013/04/sadowsky-preamp.html?m=1
So, I've built a Sadowsky bass preamp from tagboard effects and I'm having some doubts understanding if this project is working as it should. My first doubts happen because the preamp has tones of output as well as some distortion which doesn't seem right.
So, I went to the official site and looked for the parameters of the device and there are two versions, the onboard and the out board.
the onboard says it is 1M input impedance and 1k output impedance. It makes sense to me because it has a final 1k resistor on the output and a 1M input resistor if one ignores the input 500k volume pot.
The pedal version, says it has 330k input impedance( it matches with the 500k pot and the 1M res in parallel, but then it says it has 10k impedance on the output, and here I can't really understand. I think that who made this layout might have mixed the two.
Truth is I'm trying to make this pedal sound the best and if possible stay true to the original.
anyone can help figuring this out? anyone who perhaps happens to have this pedal!?
I see a couple of scenarios here:
1:Maybe there would be a 500k pulldown resitor on input in parallel with the 1M resitor witch would make 330k input impedance, and perhaps a 10k volume pot on the output!?
2:500k volume pot on input and 10k resistor on output instead of 1k
3:No volume pot on input, and a 100k pot on output? (This one is a solution that some people who have made this pedal have adopted.)

thesameage