News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Controlling feedback

Started by diablochris6, May 06, 2015, 10:44:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diablochris6

I am putting together a delay, and it has a feedback system similar to the Zero Point Super Deluxe. The problem is, the feedback goes into crazy oscillation at a slight bump of the pot very early in the turn. Would there be an easy to tame this? Could I use a larger value pot, or would a log pot work better?
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

midwayfair

Post a schematic, otherwise everyone's just guessing.

diablochris6

That would probably help. It is based off of the Zero Point Super Deluxe feedback. It's my "Space Echo Delay" found elsewhere on the forum. I am also just curious about general trends with feedback loops. I see that the Dirt Baby uses a log pot.

midwayfair

If you look at some other delays that used the 50kb pot, thee was a low pass filter formed by a cap hanging off lug 2 to ground. Without that filter there's more signal, so you'll have to limit it more. The log pot is a good idea, and you might need to bump up your 5.1k. I used a 25ka in the Hamlet for instance.

diablochris6

Thanks for the tips. I noticed that 5k1 resistor too, and after looking at a few other delays, I noticed many of them have 10k instead.