News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

PSA: mini roller volume and expression pedals

Started by oldhousescott, April 28, 2015, 07:27:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldhousescott

Just wanted to give a heads up and nod to my buddy Curt who makes these mini, roller volume and expression pedals. I thought some of you guys might find them useful. No affiliation except friendship (no, I don't get a commission).

http://www.classicaudiofx.com/

Cortexturizer

https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

micromegas

yep, a little pricey for my personal budget, but they look cool and sturdy!

How's the travel of the roller on those btw? 
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

madbean

This looks terrific. I like the concept quite a bit.

lincolnic

These are gorgeous, I wish your friend all the success!

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

pickdropper

That's clever, but isn't that the Curt aka gtrplaya101?  He posted about these a while back on TGP under that nickname.

If it's him, I'd be a bit hesitant as he doesn't have a great history of product support and he disappears at times.  Too bad because he could've been pretty successful with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

nzCdog

jkokura

JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

nzCdog

Quote from: jkokura on April 30, 2015, 04:28:46 PM
Reminds me of the old Boomerang.

Jacob

hmmm...  I think I see what you mean Jacob... ;) ;D

jkokura

JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

DuctTapeRiot

Quote from: pickdropper on April 30, 2015, 02:51:00 PM
That's clever, but isn't that the Curt aka gtrplaya101?  He posted about these a while back on TGP under that nickname.

If it's him, I'd be a bit hesitant as he doesn't have a great history of product support and he disappears at times.  Too bad because he could've been pretty successful with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If that is "the" Curt I would run, run far away. I wouldn't buy one with your wallet nevermind my own.  Website is so dodgy, no business location, no names of anyone involved other than the curt@classicaudiofx.com email.  Nothing on the contact us page other than the email address. Sketch city. Perfect for him to just pack up and run again when he gets in over his head.

Disclaimer: I was royally screwed by Curt in the whole EffectBlade thing, and yes I'm still pissed. Not only did I lose $200+ on the steaming pile of a "product" that was eventually produced (both of my 2 boards and chipsets have major problems and dont work), I ran a group buy on the needed parts on what he claimed was a verified project, when it turned out the programming was not even written and the board totally untested.  A lot of people sunk a lot of money into it just to get dicked around for MONTHS AND MONTHS.  If I am remembering it was like 10 months and in the end as PD mentioned he just decided he was going to take his ball and go home. Other forum members wound up volunteering to reprogram the chips for the remaining people who were left hanging. 

If its not "the" Curt then I apologize, let me know and i will delete this post, but that website screams his MO all over.