News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Primus and the Fungi Ensemble=Win

Started by pryde, April 29, 2015, 01:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pryde

I got to catch Primus last night in a great little theater. The last time I seen them was sometime in the 90's.

Honestly I am not a huge Primus fan but I have to say do not miss this show if they are coming to your area! Just outstanding in every way live. One of the best sounding treats I have heard in a while: Thundering and so incredibly tight.

The first half was essential 3-piece Primus with the Fungi Ensemble joining in the last half of the show, Oompa-Loompa's and all  :D It took you on a spacey-trip through the world of Wonka's chocalate factory. I don't do drugs but this would have been the time to be high. Anyway just wanted to share.

Shrtyska9

Nice I managed to snag tickets for July 31st. They are playing with dinosaur jr and ghost of a saber tooth tiger at Ommegang brewery. Outdoor show with camping. I can't wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Richard

mmlee

I think they're in the UK soon, I thought ever so briefly about going. You may have changed my mind.....
>Marcus

chordball

Definitely worth going if you have the chance! I saw him a few years ago at Cain's ballroom in Tulsa and it was quite an experience. Can't say I was completely sober ;) An intense show for sure. I also saw his Duo de Twang at a festival 2 years ago. That was an awesome experience as well.

Like you said, even if you're not the biggest Claypool fan, you'd be missing out if you didn't go to a show if you had the chance. You feel the music just as much as you hear it.

pryde

Quote from: chordball on April 29, 2015, 06:24:36 PM
You feel the music just as much as you hear it.

This is right. Bones rattled for sure. I wondered how any more music could come out of 3 people, then a celloist, keyboard, and xylophone player joined in and it was absolutely engulfing.