News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

PPP - Customer service?

Started by the3secondrule, May 01, 2015, 04:46:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the3secondrule

First a bit of background. I'm extremely lazy when it comes to decorating my enclosures.
If I build something and decide it's a keeper, I'll order a powdercoated enclosure from PPP.

So. I placed an order for 2x 125b's in early march. received shipping notification on 03 march. Shipped via USPS first class, so I'm aware there's no tracking - any other shipping method is Too. Damn. Expensive.

Placed another order late in march, which was received in early april.

By mid-april, I was starting to wonder where my order had got to, so I emailed PPP on 21st april, and asked had it turned up back with them. No response.
Gave it another few days, and emailed again on 26th april. Still no response.

Now, I'm not expecting them to offer to send out some more enclosures.
I'd just like a response. y'know "thanks for your email, no we haven't received your enclosures back, we'll let you know."

I know they can't control what happens once the enclosures are shipped, but they can at least reply to their emails.
Not sure if I'll be placing any more orders with them, TBH.

Am I overreacting?
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Leevibe

It doesn't sound to me like you're overreacting. My experience with them has been that they provide excellent service. From other threads I've read here, it seems that their service tends to be really good or really bad. Not much in between.

midwayfair

Maybe your e-mail went to spam. Try contacting them some other way -- they have a forum, for instance. I've never had more than a couple days go by without an e-mail response.

the3secondrule

Good point Jon. I'll see if I can find another way to get in touch.
Although I did reply to their email, and I've never had trouble getting a response from them previously...

pryde

wow that is to bad. I have always had nothing but great service from them. Hope it is an excusable fluke.

culturejam

Actually, first-class *does* have tracking, and now (as of a few years ago) it is at no additional cost.

And my view is the PPP's customer service is sub-par. Their shipping charges are conspicuously inflated as well. So clearly they are charging extra for the "handling" part of the process, but that must not include any cash for customer service.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

the3secondrule

Have emailed them again, and signed up to the PPP forum, so I'll post there too once my account is authorised.

Have opened a paypal dispute too. Not sure if this is a dick move or not. I don't really want a refund, just a response...

PhiloB

They list a phone number.  I've had decent luck catching them on the phone between 10-2pm CST.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the3secondrule

(I'm in New Zealand, so that's a fairly big toll call)

Rockhorst

If you're in New Zealand, how do you get this to be cost effective with just two boxes :o I recently was preparing to order about 8 BB sized, powder coated boxes but cancelled because shipping was going to be about $75. Those 8 BBs would've cost me $240 by the time they passed through customs and taxes here in the Netherlands. For two boxes, their shipping rate is lower but not much. Just curious if I'm missing something ;D

On topic: I've had great support from them in the past through a dodgy sounding hotmail account. I changed so many orders, color wise, after already ordering and they've never told me *enough is enough* but always delivered. But this is from years ago (when shipping was high, but not crazy high).

Final remark: if anyone has some BB boxes in translucent of anodized colors and wants to sell/trade, let me know. I'd especially love some anodized yellow.

the3secondrule

Quote from: Rockhorst on May 02, 2015, 12:47:21 AM
If you're in New Zealand, how do you get this to be cost effective with just two boxes :o

I don't  ;D
but i'm mostly just building for myself, so cost doesn't really come into it

the3secondrule

problem resolved, PPP have replied to my most recent email. Apparently they didn't receive my previous messages, which is unusual since they were sent to the same email as the most recent one, which they did receive...

wonder if the paypal dispute had anything to do with it?
Anyway, i've now got my response from them, which is all I wanted in the first place