Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

CopperCake

Started by GrindCustoms, May 02, 2015, 12:44:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrindCustoms

Madbean's CupCake!

First time i ever built an OrangeSqueezer.  :o

I re-used an old enclosure for this one with a quite tight 16mm pot layout...

And i also tried the J620 dual package JFET in SMT........... thing is tiny!

And it finally gave this....

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

jubal81

Squeezer indeed! Clean and tight.

You've officially gone Lumen mad ...
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Luke51411

Nice build! How are the dual JFETS and adapters working out for you? I've been really happy with the single smd JFETS and adapters, the dual may be something I add at some point.

wgc

Looks awesome!  Pretty soon you'll want to do it all in smd..!  ;)
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

jimilee

Thats awesome rej!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

cooder

Superb Rej! And that dual jfet is certainly tiny....
BigNoise Amplification

GrindCustoms

Thanks guys! :)

Quote from: jubal81 on May 02, 2015, 05:38:23 AM
Squeezer indeed! Clean and tight.

You've officially gone Lumen mad ...

I had to try it in most application to see if it was true with the idea and concepts we tried to put in there... and it have succeeded to all of them so far!

Left to do is a multibuilt... and that's sorted since i have 2x 1590D to build at the end of next week. :)

Quote from: Luke51411 on May 02, 2015, 06:30:28 AM
Nice build! How are the dual JFETS and adapters working out for you? I've been really happy with the single smd JFETS and adapters, the dual may be something I add at some point.

Thanks mate, I think the dual jfet adapter is working pretty well, the part itself was eaiser to solder than what i thought.

There's just one thing we did'nt thought of when doing those, is having the the TH pinout of daughter board to match the actual TH JFET pinout.. haha. so it asked for a bit of wire twisting.

We had those made at first to test the J620 in the Project 6DSR Phaser. So i still have some experimentation to do with them.

Quote from: wgc on May 02, 2015, 07:03:06 AM
Looks awesome!  Pretty soon you'll want to do it all in smd..!  ;)

Thanks! That, i don't think so! hehe, for stuff that is hardly available TH... SMT is a cool solution... for complete builts... that's over my patience.

Quote from: cooder on May 02, 2015, 12:51:34 PM
Superb Rej! And that dual jfet is certainly tiny....

Thanks, i was finding it rather small at first.. but once you have the first leg soldered into place, you just swipe the iron over it with tin on the tip and it solders by itself.

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

nzCdog

Wow! That's epic Rej, ninja skillz!

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

mrclean77

All the pics make me think of all the naughty words I would say if I were building this, haha. Slick work as usual!

studiodunn

That is just so tidy man. Awesome!

GrindCustoms

Much thanks guys! :)

Quote from: mrclean77 on May 04, 2015, 04:02:29 AM
All the pics make me think of all the naughty words I would say if I were building this, haha. Slick work as usual!

LOTS of naughty words have been throwed at that one... especially that it was a re-used enclosure and that the jacks hole where'nt drilled as low as they could... so fitting the jacks with the Lumen components under it was a bit tricky.... but it proven that our concept of using it in 1590A was good even with a error margin in the drilling... ...if it occurs.

So yeah, Science won!  ;D

HamSandwich

Dang that is a tiny ass chip. Nicely done!