News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

B side delay Multiplex jr content

Started by Luke51411, May 03, 2015, 04:02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke51411

Probably not the most original idea for the design but I am SO happy with pretty much every aspect of the execution of this build! I wish I could have pulled off top mounted jacks but it would have been too tight. I flipped the board sideways so I could have the delay controls in one row and modulation controls in another. This allowed me to still board mount everything except 1 pot but I wanted a little extra space for visual indication of pot position anyway. I'm still tweaking the lfo a little hence the naked led and ldr currently the led shuts off with the speed at full, I think I need a different color in there. Anyway this is my second mplex jr and I built a regular mplex and every time I fire them up I'm still like... Wow this sounds amazing! This is about as clean as my guts have been but I'd still like to to better... If you haven't built this circuit yet what are you waiting for? I have a slight feeling I'll be building another soon, I'm taking it to a family gathering today and I have a feeling my uncle will like it a lot. Haha we'll see if I come home with it. Oh yeah, I have to show off my beautiful Gibson Falcon amp too, this pedal goes well with it. Many surfy sounds to be made together.

chordball

bcalla

Very nice!  The cassette tape is a great idea, I might have to steal it...

Luke51411

Quote from: bcalla on May 03, 2015, 04:59:10 PM
Very nice!  The cassette tape is a great idea, I might have to steal it...
I won't even be mad!

nzCdog

cooder

Very nice and the tape graphics certainly made me smile.... oh those were the days... ;)
Very nice build!
BigNoise Amplification

Jebus

Love the graphics! Awesome build.  :)

pogart

Excellent graphics! Great build, I like how you orientated the board. Cool idea.

mjcyates

Very cool! Looks great. I have been contemplating building one of these.

Luke51411

Quote from: mjcyates on May 04, 2015, 12:27:15 AM
Very cool! Looks great. I have been contemplating building one of these.
Dooo itttt!!! Thanks for the compliments everyone!

playpunk

I love my multiplex jr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"my legend grows" - playpunk

TGP39

I have to say that the multiplex w/modulation is one of the best circuits around. You made it look like one of the best looking circuits around Luke. Can't believe how neat the inside is.

Steve.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

Luke51411

Quote from: TGP39 on May 04, 2015, 02:43:56 AM
I have to say that the multiplex w/modulation is one of the best circuits around. You made it look like one of the best looking circuits around Luke. Can't believe how neat the inside is.

Steve.
Yup, definitely one of the best circuits. I'm really kind of liking my mplex jr more than the regular mplex. The other modes are really cool and all but for some reason the mplex jr just nails it for me! The modulation sounds great and I have it tweaked right now so that you just start getting wacky sounds at the most extreme settings. My favorite sounds are when you dial in the modulation subtly where you almost can't tell it's on until you turn it off, just adds really nice texture to your tone.

Coda-effects

Graphics are awesome!
I really like the cassette tape + the ribbon going across the knobs

29palms

very cool idea with the casette, as said above— "I might have to steal it"  ;)

what did you use for the LDR/LED?

ta
George