News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Re-opening Soon?!?

Started by aziltz, June 24, 2011, 06:06:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCobbenator

Yeah, I guess I was a little less than eloquent. Like sprayfe said, it was a bit of a learning curve deciphering placement from the other side of the PCB. It was just a little quicker to check my work with the translucent-ish yellow boards. I meant it to be more of a defense of all single-sided boards. Sorry if that caused any confusion for anyone.

insomniac2295

SO. EAGERLY. AWAITING. STORE. OPENING.
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

bigmufffuzzwizz

Yes Barry's boards are all etched so they are only single sided. The holes are slightly smaller than a fabricated circuit board but you shouldn't have any problems fitting the regular component leads through. I've received quite a few boards from Barry now and I've never had one that didn't work. I've seen oxidation on them before but thats because he doesn't tin them like MB. I know for a fact he doesn't send out boards with holes drilled out of place or weak traces because I've spoken to him about it.
Just to inform you there are MB projects that are etched just like the ones at Guitarpcb and will only be single sided. It seems like he's moving more away from it though. You do have to get used to looking at the layouts a certain way, but once you get it down you'll never think about it. Kinda like riding a bike.  :)
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

azrael

Oh, oh, oh, I hope madbean has a Pearl Octaver project for me.  ;D

TheCobbenator

For reals. My lady is going to Europe for a few weeks on study abroad. I gotta have something to build since I will have all this free time late at night (ha!)

insomniac2295

piemanelec

This is worse than Christmas!  With Christmas, you at least know that it's coming on Dec. 25. 
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb-ass look on your face.

madbean

The store will re-open tomorrow. The new projects will be the Quadrovibe, Tilt and Loophole. There will be some new sale prices, too!

insomniac2295

Quote from: madbean on June 29, 2011, 08:09:48 AM
The store will re-open tomorrow. The new projects will be the Quadrovibe, Tilt and Loophole. There will be some new sale prices, too!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

aziltz

we want bean! we want bean!

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

piemanelec

My PCB pants are doing the happy dance!
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb-ass look on your face.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

gabu1306

ToasterMe

Quote from: gabu1306 on June 30, 2011, 07:46:38 AM

Haha! So this, I'm refreshing the project page every half hour to check if the store's back up yet.