News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Kingslayer 14, no dirt only clean

Started by zenless, May 05, 2015, 05:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenless

So build out a kingslayer 2014. All values as listed on build instructions. Excited to crank it for the first time and all i get is a clean signal. If i turn up the gain the clean goes down and i don't get any gain/dirt. All solder points look good. I seem to have resistance between the dirt portion of the pot pins 1 and 3 (pin 2 is on ground) to the first and third pins of ic1. I have resistance between 1 and 13. 12 and ground. 14 and 9, and so on. So just checking them they all seem to have a solid connection where they're supposed to be (as i read the schem). Tried swapping out IC2 but don't have a second chip to try swapping IC1. Oh and if i check the resistances on the dirt portion of the dual gang they do move around with moving the knob. So it doesn't seem that the dual gang isn't working.
Here's my voltages on the ic's:
ic1-
0      .01
0       0
0       0
7.34   -7.22
0       0
-.03   0
-.03   .1

ic2-
7.91   7.9
3.96   4.34
0        3.88
-3.87  -7.79

midwayfair

Voltages look okay, if a little low. Audio probe the dirt section and see where the signal is getting lost. Check all the resistors connected to the dirty op amp stage -- remove one end and measure each if you have to.

zenless

Quote from: midwayfair on May 05, 2015, 06:36:16 PM
Voltages look okay, if a little low. Audio probe the dirt section and see where the signal is getting lost. Check all the resistors connected to the dirty op amp stage -- remove one end and measure each if you have to.

Thanks man! Actually almost by accident i found c11 was loose. So sometimes it'd work others not. One reflowed connection and a couple of broken wires later i'm rockin it.

I have a testing rig, so now i get how to test with that.

PS love your circuits you design.