News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Stomptown Phase 45 Issue

Started by Zigcat, May 08, 2015, 03:34:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timbo_93631

Yep, I've built a bunch of these now, and the depth control is as Jon describes above.   One thing to keep in mind that the slower you have the rate set the more subtle the effect is too, so increase the rate a little when you are dialing in the trimmer, then when it sounds good and wooshy back the rate off and fine tune the low and high time intervals of the sweep.  And check Q2! Good luck.
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

Zigcat

Update! Turned out that Q2 was not making contact in the socket. Now I have a nice, subtle phase. I almost don't even notice it until I put it after some distortion.

Stomptown

Great news!  It should be pretty noticeable even without the distortion though.  Definitely take a bit of time to rebias it to see if it gets a bit more lush.  Now that you are getting some level of phase I would turn the rate up and put the blend at noon and see if rebiasing will make it more phasery.  I did this to mine the other day and it definitely made a difference.

Jebus

Quote from: Stomptown on May 12, 2015, 08:30:44 AM
Great news!  It should be pretty noticeable even without the distortion though.  Definitely take a bit of time to rebias it to see if it gets a bit more lush.  Now that you are getting some level of phase I would turn the rate up and put the blend at noon and see if rebiasing will make it more phasery.  I did this to mine the other day and it definitely made a difference.

Yes, I had the exact same thing when I build a Phase 45. First I thought it wasn't working, but after twiddling with bias it turned out great!