News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

analog synth project?

Started by HailToTheBlues, May 12, 2015, 04:24:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HailToTheBlues

Hi guys,
So currently i'm looking for a particular sound and having a couple ideas. I'm thinking of getting a ehx random tone generator, and connect it to my guitar pedals to create some space sounds and psychedelic/experimental noise, but i'm thinking if it wasn't possible to have some kind of analog synth in front of it and before my pedals, to mess with oscilators and pitch and everything a normal analog synth would have, in order to have a "synth in loop" (if that even makes sense). Is there some kind of project that matches what i'm trying to ask for?

Best regards

Muadzin

Personally I find the EHX RTG to be a one trick pony that by itself quickly becomes boring. There's just not that much tonal differences to keep in interesting. One far more interesting, and probably the most basic, DIY synth project out there is the Atari Punk Console.

HailToTheBlues

I wouldn't be using the rtg alone, that would be a bit boring, i'll use it with effects, and i wanted the synth to have an input, so i could mess with the signal from the rtg, it would be like if i recorded a loop on a analog keyboard synth, like a microbrute from arturia, and then mess with the controls in order to change the waves, oscillations, all that stuff. Is that possible? It would be an analog synth, but instead of having a keyboard, the input signal would be the rtg.
Btw, the atari looks interesting, even thought it's not what i'm looking for!