News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New Isolated 1SPOT coming.

Started by GrindCustoms, May 09, 2015, 04:25:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrindCustoms

VisualSound/TrueTone are releasing 2 new one spots with isolated outputs.

The C12, by the info and what is seen on their website seems to be very interesting, will probably snag one when it comes out.

http://truetone.com/power-supplies/1-spot-pro/1-spot-pro-c12/
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

cooder

Looks indeed cool! Will be good to find out more about it!
BigNoise Amplification

kgull

Very cool, been meaning to (aka putting off) build a decent power supply but if the price is right on this I just might have to pick one up...Nice find!

GrindCustoms

What i think i like the most out of that one is the 9-12V outputs, bouncing 2 of them together to power up some of my EHXs and the 500mA 9V outputs from wich i could use one to daisy chain my lower power consumption pedal in Pre and use the other available output to do the same with those in the Post... 2 small daisy chain, but isolated.... pretty sure i'd get quiter operation that way.

Have'nt bought any other MultipleOutput PSU since my DCBrick many years ago... i'm due.

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

pickdropper

I'd really like it if all 12 could be standard 9V DC but it doesn't look like that is an option.  I still may grab one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

brand0nized

Wonder how much it'll cost...

jubal81

Quote from: brand0nized on May 09, 2015, 06:04:13 PM
Wonder how much it'll cost...

$180

There's a smaller one coming, too. I think it's $120-ish.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

HamSandwich

Quote from: GrindCustoms on May 09, 2015, 05:56:15 PM
What i think i like the most out of that one is the 9-12V outputs, bouncing 2 of them together to power up some of my EHXs and the 500mA 9V outputs from wich i could use one to daisy chain my lower power consumption pedal in Pre and use the other available output to do the same with those in the Post... 2 small daisy chain, but isolated.... pretty sure i'd get quiter operation that way.

Have'nt bought any other MultipleOutput PSU since my DCBrick many years ago... i'm due.

The second from the right has 500mA output, but that's the only one I think. Love all the options on it, looks fantastic. I've never ran into a problem with having a non-isolated power supply, but this looks good enough to get just for the multiple types of outputs.

GrindCustoms

Quote from: HamSandwich on May 09, 2015, 09:18:14 PM

The second from the right has 500mA output, but that's the only one I think. Love all the options on it, looks fantastic. I've never ran into a problem with having a non-isolated power supply, but this looks good enough to get just for the multiple types of outputs.

It have:

2x 18V 100mA
4x 9-12V 100mA
1x 4-9V 100mA
2x 9V 250mA
2x 9V 500mA
1x 9VAC 800mA

Even with 250mA, it could safely power at least 5 dirt pedals with that single output.... i think i'll need a bigger pedal board after grabbing that..  :o

jkokura

Yeah, and I'd imagine that R.G. probably had something to do with the planning and testing process, so I'd imagine it to be a top flight piece in terms of quality.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

pickdropper

Quote from: GrindCustoms on May 09, 2015, 09:31:21 PM
Quote from: HamSandwich on May 09, 2015, 09:18:14 PM

It have:

2x 18V 100mA
4x 9-12V 100mA
1x 4-9V 100mA
2x 9V 250mA
2x 9V 500mA
1x 9VAC 800mA

Even with 250mA, it could safely power at least 5 dirt pedals with that single output.... i think i'll need a bigger pedal board after grabbing that..  :o

That's pretty good.  I think I can make that work.
Function f(x)

madbean

Very nice. I think this is the one for me to replace the PP2+.

pickdropper

You guys should also check out the MXR MC403 power supply.  It's got a ton of outputs.  I've got one of them and it's been great so far

Function f(x)

Haberdasher

mxr has a new one coming out soon that's like their old brick, but is fully isolated.  it looks pretty great, but it seems to be designed to mount on top, with the pedals.  to me it looks too tall to go underneath, but it's hard to say.  see what you think.
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DCBrickISO

This new 1 spot pro looks pretty good.  MAP of 179 from what i'm reading, which is a bit more than i thought it'd go for.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

GrindCustoms

Quote from: Haberdasher on May 10, 2015, 10:29:52 AM
mxr has a new one coming out soon that's like their old brick, but is fully isolated.  it looks pretty great, but it seems to be designed to mount on top, with the pedals.  to me it looks too tall to go underneath, but it's hard to say.  see what you think.
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DCBrickISO

This new 1 spot pro looks pretty good.  MAP of 179 from what i'm reading, which is a bit more than i thought it'd go for.

179$ is a bit steep... but still less than a PP2+ and offers more than that one... and cheaper than the MXR that Dave referred us to.. though.. that one is much more complete.