News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Kreigsheld Flaum (War Hero Fuzz) - Mangler

Started by k.rock!, June 25, 2011, 04:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

k.rock!

Hey dudes!

Just finished my Mangler! It sounds awesome! I screwed up the placement of the resistors on the pots (I had to modify pots to get them where I wanted) so right now it sounds with the Fuzz at 100% haha. I'll fix it later but I'm happy it sounds so cool! I used OC140's from Small Bear. Special thanks to Paul (JakeFuzz) for suggesting them. Love them!

I made the whole theme in German. So the name is Kreigsheld Flaum (War Hero Fuzz). Controls are Laut! (loud), Flaum (Fuzz) and Bias...well guess that one haha. Ein (In), Aus (Out). I used mil-spec wire on it. Absolutely the best wire I've used before!! It's incredible.

I also included a few recent builds (An Egodriver and a Ross Compressor from guitarpcb.com). Don't ask about the names (the guy had some poor taste in names/concepts in my opinion, but hey! those are his pedals! hehe) No gut shots for the Ego, sorry  :)

Enjoy!

-Kaleb

God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

JakeFuzz

Dude! Digging the huge mojo parts! Glad you like it, I knew you would.

jimmybjj

Nice builds. Is that just shrink tube on the wires coming off the board or is it something else? It looks thicker.
Pcbs no longer available

k.rock!

Thanks guys! I do love them Paul, i think they sound great!

The wire on the compressor is actually meant to be used for prototyping but I like using it from time to time on builds. It's a lot easier to work with plus it kinda looks cool :D hehe

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

Haberdasher

Beautiful pedals bro!
I've got some milspec wire coming next week.  Can't wait to try it out. 8)
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

k.rock!

Quote from: Haberdasher on June 25, 2011, 07:31:34 PM
Beautiful pedals bro!
I've got some milspec wire coming next week.  Can't wait to try it out. 8)

Thanks man! Dude, I need to find out the part number for this wire, cause it's great! I got it from some leftovers at work (I work for a defense contractor company) and all we use is military specs for everything so this wire is legit. I'll ask on Monday for some specs on this wire and I'll share with all. :)

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

nzCdog

Wow Kaleb, awesome pedals... I love your wiring
Nice work :)

JeffdaMaori

Very cool and perfect builds, well done! So where is that mil specs wire from?
From Smallbear as well?
Cheers

bigmufffuzzwizz

They all look great! I'm stoked on your FF the most though. I bet that thing has soo much mojo. I thought you were gonna go with the CV7112 but I'm sure your choice is just as great. I really like all the decals but the FF and holy comp are definitely both epic. I gotta attempt the decal thing again.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

k.rock!

Quote from: nzCdog on June 25, 2011, 10:10:59 PM
Wow Kaleb, awesome pedals... I love your wiring
Nice work :)

Thanks dude! Wiring is something that I continue to work with the most. My problem is that I wire it perfectly the first time and then I realize I made a mistake and having to desolder and solder again comes out not as pretty :( So I guess I have to learn how to commit to a wire before soldering haha  :D

Quote from: JeffdaMaori on June 26, 2011, 02:57:37 AM
Very cool and perfect builds, well done! So where is that mil specs wire from?
From Smallbear as well?
Cheers

Thanks bro!! :D I'm gonna find out the exact part number of that wire tomorrow when I go to work. I just have like a few feet of that wire that was thrown in the garbage on the manufacturing floor haha (a good scavenge). As soon as I more info on it, I'll share it with u all :) My guess would be Mouser, DigiKey, Newark, etc...

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on June 26, 2011, 11:11:47 AM
They all look great! I'm stoked on your FF the most though. I bet that thing has soo much mojo. I thought you were gonna go with the CV7112 but I'm sure your choice is just as great. I really like all the decals but the FF and holy comp are definitely both epic. I gotta attempt the decal thing again.

Thanks man! I actually ordered the CV7112s but as it turns out on the Small Bear website it says that you might get either the OC140s or CV7112s. I think they are very similar though, that's why it really didn't bother me too much (although I gotta admit I just wanted to have the military ones hehe). They sound fantastic though!!

Today I'm gonna fix my "Flaum" pot since I think I soldered a resistor to the wrong lugs and it's always at 100% haha (not that I care much, since I'll probably use it at 10% all the time) but u know, I'm just a little OCD sometimes...haha I'll probably record something with it when I'm done and post it on the demo section. I really wanna start  contributing to that section :D

Thank u all!

-Kaleb

God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

k.rock!

http://www.newark.com/jsp/search/browse.jsp?N=2203+201438&Ntk=gensearch&Ntt=M22759%2F32-22-9&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&D=*M22759%2F32-22-9*

Here's the mil-spec wire I use. It's M22759/32-22-9. Use this number for white wire. The last digit will tell u what color it is using the military wire color convention.

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com