News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Paralyzer!

Started by Luke51411, May 10, 2015, 11:40:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke51411

First off, everyone should build one of these! Though not necessarily in a 1590A, it might be nice to have a master bypass switch. Anyway this is JMK's paralyzer. I didn't do a fancy finish because there is no way I'm taking this out of the box ever again! Haha. It works great and can really add to the textures and layers of effects you can get. I have it shown with a delay in each loop which makes some really cool sounds with different length of delays set. I also have an envelope filter in front of one of the delays which can make for some really spacey, synthy, craziness. The possibilities are endless! I posted some progress pics of this a while ago but finally got around to finishing it. I used a miniature knurled shaft chicken head knob from smallbear, those are really cool and work great for this build.

TGP39

Man Luke....that is a very nice job. Those long, but thin jacks made this sardine job possible. That and your building skills.  ;D
Fantastic job!

Steve.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

Luke51411

Quote from: TGP39 on May 10, 2015, 11:55:08 AM
Man Luke....that is a very nice job. Those long, but thin jacks made this sardine job possible. That and your building skills.  ;D
Fantastic job!

Steve.
Yeah definitely. I wouldn't have tried it with other jacks. As it is I had to grind off two spots on the bottom plate for me to be able to install it.

cooder

Superb and very functional squeeze there! Awesome!
BigNoise Amplification

rumbletone

Nice! Try the envelope filter after the delay too - as the subsequent delays get quieter, they trigger it less so they get darker. I love it so much I'm building a 2in1 with a delay and swah clone, with routing options to swap the order and so the swah affects only the wet signal....

Luke51411

Quote from: rumbletone on May 10, 2015, 03:51:54 PM
Nice! Try the envelope filter after the delay too - as the subsequent delays get quieter, they trigger it less so they get darker. I love it so much I'm building a 2in1 with a delay and swah clone, with routing options to swap the order and so the swah affects only the wet signal....
I'll try that out too! As it so happens I'm building an SWAH ultra stoner combo with order switching right now. Envelope/delay would be a sick combo...

nzCdog

OMG the mind boggles with the coolness of this pcb!  1590A awesomeness 8)

jkokura

Glutten for punishment! It's incredible that you got it to fit in the 1590A with 1/4" jacks. Most impressive.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Luke51411

Quote from: jkokura on May 11, 2015, 12:10:36 PM
Glutten for punishment! It's incredible that you got it to fit in the 1590A with 1/4" jacks. Most impressive.

Jacob
Now you know it can be done! No need for a foot switch really since all the way CW or CCW blends out all of the other loop. I was thinking it might be cool to build another with a foot switch to switch between two pots so you could have two mix levels on tap, could use it as an AB to switch loops too, anyway... Cool circuit! Again, everyone should build one!

njkke

Really impressive! 6 jacks inside a 1590A???? Where do you buy those jacks? they're perfect for 1590A builds!

Luke51411

Quote from: njkke on May 12, 2015, 01:33:28 AM
Really impressive! 6 jacks inside a 1590A???? Where do you buy those jacks? they're perfect for 1590A builds!
I found them on ebay from china, they are not the best quality, especially the nut and the plug can come out pretty easily with extra tension but I haven't had a problem with them in normal use. I can't find the listing at the moment but I've seen others on here use them before.

njkke

Quote from: Luke51411 on May 12, 2015, 05:19:38 AM
Quote from: njkke on May 12, 2015, 01:33:28 AM
I found them on ebay from china, they are not the best quality, especially the nut and the plug can come out pretty easily with extra tension but I haven't had a problem with them in normal use. I can't find the listing at the moment but I've seen others on here use them before.
Thank you, I can't find 'em here in Italy/Europe.