News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Citrus Comp

Started by Dulouz, May 14, 2015, 09:24:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dulouz

Orange Squeezer I finished last night for a local dude. Vero layout from Sabrotone.

Cortexturizer

Love love everything about it!
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

TGP39

I love this also....how does it sound?  I've never done this layout.

Steve.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

playpunk

That etch is awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"my legend grows" - playpunk

Dulouz

Thanks guys!

It sounds great. Really punchy with a LOT of output. The Sustain control doesn't have a whole lot of usable range, but it is nice to have.

midwayfair

Quote from: Dulouz on May 14, 2015, 10:17:30 AM
Thanks guys!

It sounds great. Really punchy with a LOT of output. The Sustain control doesn't have a whole lot of usable range, but it is nice to have.

If you want just the usable range for it, use a 1k pot in series with a trimpot instead of just replacing the trim with an external pot. Especially because you built it for someone else. No one likes to bump their pedal an think it broke ...

selfdestroyer

Great etch. The whole thing looks so clean. Great job.

Cody

Dulouz

Quote from: midwayfair on May 14, 2015, 11:49:23 AM
Thanks guys!

If you want just the usable range for it, use a 1k pot in series with a trimpot instead of just replacing the trim with an external pot. Especially because you built it for someone else. No one likes to bump their pedal an think it broke ...

I thought about that after I had it all built. I read where another dude used a 5k pot and a resistor in series. I like the idea of a lower value trimmer and pot together though. I didn't have any lower value pots on hand though.

The guy I built it for is a home player and I explained the situation to him, so it's not a big deal this time. But I'll be sure to do that if I build another.

TGP39

Thanks guys!

How would you do that Jon? Would you connect leg 3 of the trimmer to leg 1 of the 1k external pot? And then connect leg 3 of the 1K external pot to the rest of the circuit after the trimmer?  This would be great to learn for future reference. Thank you.

Steve.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

bcalla

Well, this one is perfect!

chromesphere

That is a fantastic idea Jon!
Love the look of this pedal, color combo works really well!
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube