News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Has Anyone Added an Extern Tap Jack to their Strymons?

Started by irmcdermott, May 15, 2015, 01:01:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irmcdermott

Bought an El Cap thinking that the EXP jack would accept tap just like my Flint's EXP jack does. WRONG! Just favorite or an expression pedal. My whole board runs off of a Disaster Area SMARTclock, and I'd like to keep it that way, haha.

There are a few companies doing this, but wanted to see if anyone here has done so. Am I wrong to think I'll need some kind of switching jack to shunt the TAP footswitch and something gets plugged in?

midwayfair

The second switch has multiple functions, only one of which is that when you tap it three times you get a tempo change. I do believe the new version at least is a single pole, though, so you could replace it with a jack., just know that you're going to destroys lot of functionality solely to set the tap tempo, you'll no longer be able to hold for oscillation for instance.

irmcdermott

I found out through asking around that with the v2 El Caps, you can add a jack in parallel with the tap switch, or as one of my friends has done with his EL Cap, he hardwired a George L to the tap switch and then fed that through one of the gaps in the corner right into his tap tempo. He can do an external tap, still can access the secondary functions, and didn't have to drill a hole in his pedal in case he ever wants to resell it.