News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Ross phaser

Started by Matt, January 18, 2016, 05:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt

Finally Oshed my favorite phase shifter the Ross Phaser.
Its mostly stock except that I used 2n7 caps instead of the stock 3n3s. This brightens the sweep a bit.
Matt

jimilee

That's kick ass!!! I bet it will fit in a 1590b. Everyone loves a good phaser.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Matt

Thanks Jimi! Should fit in a 1590B without an issue. I guess I'm just too lazy!
Matt

Cortexturizer

Where did you get that PCB? That's the only one I haven't built so far that I want to build, although it's very similar to the small stone, or at least it should be if I am not mistaken. Looking good btw! nice build!
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

Matt

Quote from: Cortexturizer on January 19, 2016, 04:02:29 AM
Where did you get that PCB? That's the only one I haven't built so far that I want to build, although it's very similar to the small stone, or at least it should be if I am not mistaken. Looking good btw! nice build!
I did a layout in eagle and made my own board. If anyone is interested I have 2 pcbs left. I haven't built the small stone but I remember someone saying that they r similar
Matt

jimilee

Quote from: Matt on January 19, 2016, 05:37:13 AM
I did a layout in eagle and made my own board. If anyone is interested I have 2 pcbs left. I haven't built the small stone but I remember someone saying that they r similar
Hum...yes please! I'm a phaser whore, u thought that was understood. :-D
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Matt

Quote from: jimilee on January 19, 2016, 08:31:11 AM
Quote from: Matt on January 19, 2016, 05:37:13 AM
Hum...yes please! I'm a phaser whore, u thought that was understood. :-D
Understood haha! Pm'd
Matt

pryde

Awesome work on the pcb and build!
The Ross is my favorite phase for sure. I did the tonepad one and added a "width" control. It is superbadass.

Matt

Thanks Pryde! The width mod is a good one. I did a perfect board Ross Phaser a few years ago that had that mod as well as a few others.
I'll post the schematic for my layout as well as the Mark Hammer discussion about that mod.

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=48283.0
Matt

pryde

Yep that's the post from M. Hammer I lifted the mod from. Good stuff

Jebus

Cool and very clean build!  :)