News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Black Horse Duplex

Started by Manc, December 04, 2016, 12:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manc

So, I built a first Black Horse Duplex some time ago when I came across a group buy.
Foolishly I ordered a board only. Long story short a good friend of mine, long time Floyd obsessee, took it from me :D

Luckily a second batch became available and this time I ordered two (thanks electricb!).

This time, I built it in the "original", ginormous enclosure, and for kicks I decided to go with the classic colour scheme and lettering - obviously I couldn't resist to add a couple of puns. The battery drawer is on the front (ala Way Huge), rather than on the side - just in case you need to swap the battery while the pedal is attached to the board.

I made a couple of swaps in the G2 section, as per Kit Rae muff page and crucially I ditched the GE diodes in favour of a quartet of BAT43. Its' punchy, it's loud and I love the way it sounds. The wiring inside is messy, I know

warriorpoet

Mzo.FX, Owner

electricb

This is great. The board looks so tiny in that massive box. What model is the enclosure? Also, how did you manage to fit the battery door? A lot of drilling and filing the edges square?

Timko

That looks good.  I love that enclosure style.

Manc

Quote from: electricb on December 06, 2016, 02:53:50 PM
This is great. The board looks so tiny in that massive box. What model is the enclosure? Also, how did you manage to fit the battery door? A lot of drilling and filing the edges square?

The box ia a Hammond 1550G - you could fit an entire pedalboard in there :) If anything, in such a large enclosure it's difficult to keep the wiring tidy...
The square slot it's been done with 1) drill 2) dremel 3) a little square jewel file 4) elbow grease.

Cheers

warriorpoet

Quote from: Manc on December 06, 2016, 03:37:59 PM
Quote from: electricb on December 06, 2016, 02:53:50 PM

The box ia a Hammond 1550G - you could fit an entire pedalboard in there :) If anything, in such a large enclosure it's difficult to keep the wiring tidy...
The square slot it's been done with 1) drill 2) dremel 3) a little square jewel file 4) elbow grease.

Cheers

Well, it's awesome. Well done on all of that work! I bet it sounds incredible!
Mzo.FX, Owner