News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Website updates and Etcher's Paradise launch

Started by madbean, February 01, 2016, 04:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leevibe

Quote from: selfdestroyer on February 01, 2016, 08:31:41 PM
I am sure this was by no means "easy" Brian. I am blown away by the quality and selection. Thanks so much man!

Cody

This^

I'm in the mood to quit my job and get to work verifying these awesome looking layouts. Brian, this is going to be THE indispensable resource for DIYers. Seriously man. You're about to conquer the world here.

Haberdasher

I just built the Ghost Note (Haunting Mids Fuzz).  Everything seems to be in working order on this one, except the clipping leds are shown backwards (assuming the shorter led leg is meant to go to the sq pad).  In other words, once I flipped the led's around to where the short legs went to the round pad instead, they started lighting up and clipping.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

madbean

The long leads should go to the square pad, so you actually did it right the second time. That is strange though because they are back to back so it shouldn't matter which way you do them (as long as they are B2B).

Incidentally, all the diodes in the MBP library are cathode to square pad EXCEPT for LEDs. I found early on that people got confused and were constantly flipping LEDs when I had it the other way around so I changed it just for that one.

m-Kresol

Quote from: madbean on February 08, 2016, 10:35:32 AM
Incidentally, all the diodes in the MBP library are cathode to square pad EXCEPT for LEDs. I found early on that people got confused and were constantly flipping LEDs when I had it the other way around so I changed it just for that one.

Yup, same for me here. Personally, I'd prefer if all the positive pads were square ones as you have it for electros. Would make sense to have diodes in the same manner. just a thought
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Haberdasher

ah, no wonder I've always been confused with led's around here, lol.  ok, so long leg, square pad.  got it.

as far as the led's not lighting up the first way I had it, maybe they were just bad parts.  they were from this bag of super-ancient led's i had from a trade, and I actually changed them out for new ones when I flipped them around.  probably just a coincidence.

anyway, i guess the ghost note is verified, then.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS