News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Blackout Effectors Whetstone Phaser clone?

Started by Antoy, February 03, 2016, 12:18:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antoy

Just wondering.. It`s an amazing phaser with huge sonic possibilities and lots of control knobs and switches. As you look inside, it doesn`t looks too complicated. So why noone did not try to clone it? I surfed the internet and found a lonely hero from South Korea, who crafted a clone for about three years ago with an unusual rotary swith instead of standard alpha 3p4t. Here is the link. What do you think about it?  :o

Tremster

I think I read that that one is a heavily modified Small Stone.
Jacob announced a similar project coming up, so maybe he can chime in:
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=14410.0
(Bottom of the page)

Cortexturizer

I would jump on this immediately upon release. Has it ever been released?!
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

culturejam

There were a few projects for this (at least one verified) over at FSB a few years back.

Great pedal! Probably the best phaser I've ever played.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Tremster

Maybe Freppo can design a Phaser with all these options, using his magic chips and a handful of components.

Drew Hallenbeck

I've wanted one of these for a long time. I'm usually not a big phaser guy but these things are just awesome.
The first time it really came to my attention was watching a rig rundown with John Baizley from Baroness. I love that band and after seeing the rundown I paid attention to a few of their songs and could hear the way he was using it. Sounded awesome, I just haven't found a good deal on one and can't bring myself to shell out the big $$$$ for a new one. I'm not in a band or gigging or anything right now so I can't justify the cost for something I'd only fiddle about with once in a while.
But, if it were made into a DIY project, I would gladly give some money to anyone willing to put out a good PCB for this!
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

Muadzin

Too much knobs and switches! Too many of them! Rate is all you need really.

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

raulduke

Quote from: jimilee on February 03, 2016, 09:13:29 AM
You can only have not enough.

Absolutely :)

The circuit sounds great from the demos I've seen.

I think this was on FSB (not looked there for a while). Not sure if it was ever fully rev-engineered though.

atreidesheir

Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

jkokura

There will be one released from JMK. It is coming.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Droogie

Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

matmosphere

Quote from: Tremster on February 03, 2016, 05:22:53 AM
Maybe Freppo can design a Phaser with all these options, using his magic chips and a handful of components.

If any one could it would be Freppo  :)