News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Voodoo vibe, pangea

Started by gitaar0, February 07, 2016, 12:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitaar0

Quote from: Marshall Arts on January 22, 2017, 12:09:32 PM

I am trying to find the leds to try your mod. It seems hard to find yellow diffuse leds 2000-3000mcd here in the Netherlands. How important is the color and them being diffuse?

The yellow LED's from Tayda worked the best for me. They should deliver to the netherlands
[/quote] ok, I will have to find out if they deliver to me. Thanks

bluescage

Tayda does deliver to the Netherlands! I know because I ordered from them several times. I believe the minimun order is $ 5,00 but that shouldn't be a problem because they have a lot of parts for pedal buiding. Also their shipping costs are very reasonable.

Bret608

FYI, I had really good results with yellow tinted LEDs of 2300mcd from Mouser. I was initially confused about the difference between diffused and tinted. Digging deep into the FSB trace thread for the VV, the person tracing from an original unit said they were the clear yellow tinted type, not the foggier diffused type. When I look at the picture for the yellow ones on Tayda with the right mcd, they actually look like the tinted more than the diffused. So I think even some suppliers are confused by the different terminology.

Marshall Arts

Quote from: Bret608 on January 23, 2017, 03:40:59 PM
FYI, I had really good results with yellow tinted LEDs of 2300mcd from Mouser. I was initially confused about the difference between diffused and tinted. Digging deep into the FSB trace thread for the VV, the person tracing from an original unit said they were the clear yellow tinted type, not the foggier diffused type. When I look at the picture for the yellow ones on Tayda with the right mcd, they actually look like the tinted more than the diffused. So I think even some suppliers are confused by the different terminology.

...gotta say this: The level of passion and expertise on this forum is unrivalled.  :)

kaycee

That is really nice, very tidy build and graphics. I have a Voodoo Vibe and the Tremolo on it is low volume, that's the way they are. I don't mind as I mostly use mine for the chorus function anyway, yours looks about half the size too.

gitaar0

Thanks for the remarks.

I finally got my leds from Tayda and just installed them.
Works great. Levels from chorus to vibe to tremelo are now ok.
Different sound now on different settings but I think it works better now. Thanks for the suggestion!