News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Where to get the good stuff?

Started by gül, February 07, 2016, 09:32:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gül

Greetings everyone,

It appears that the seller I've been buying Copper Clad Laminate Board from on eBay (abcfab) is away until July. Can anyone recommend another vendor to buy from?

Thanks!

Govmnt_Lacky

WOW!!! Away until July. That is gonna hurt. I have ordered from him several times. Always quality PCB material.

selfdestroyer

Quote from: aishabag on February 07, 2016, 09:32:44 AM
Greetings everyone,

It appears that the seller I've been buying Copper Clad Laminate Board from on eBay (abcfab) is away until July. Can anyone recommend another vendor to buy from?

Thanks!

I also buy exclusively from ABCFab so Im not 100% where else to look but you can try this
http://www.currentcomposites.com/html/electrical_grade_laminates.html

Cody

EBRAddict

Quote from: selfdestroyer on February 09, 2016, 12:30:09 PM
Greetings everyone,

Thanks!

I also buy exclusively from ABCFab so Im not 100% where else to look but you can try this

Cody

I reached out to them but they have a $200 minimum order. How much does that get you? I don't need that much but a group buy might.

davent

I've used VeroBoard for stripboard and was pleased with the product and receiving it the same week i ordered. I use photoresist boards so get them elsewhere but they do carry plain copperclad. No idea what exactly the good stuff is  you're looking for, price, shipping etc.

http://www.veroboard.com/copper-clad-laminate-pcb/epoxy-fiber-fr4/1-16-x7-7-8-x11-1-2-epoxy-fiber-copper-clad-laminate-1oz

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

selfdestroyer

Quote from: EBRAddict on February 10, 2016, 09:34:30 AM
Quote from: selfdestroyer on February 09, 2016, 12:30:09 PM
Greetings everyone,

Thanks!

Cody

I reached out to them but they have a $200 minimum order. How much does that get you? I don't need that much but a group buy might.

I never ordered from them, It was just a quick Google search.

Cody

alparent

Quote from: davent on February 10, 2016, 11:13:21 AM
I've used VeroBoard for stripboard and was pleased with the product and receiving it the same week i ordered. I use photoresist boards so get them elsewhere but they do carry plain copperclad. No idea what exactly the good stuff is  you're looking for, price, shipping etc.

http://www.veroboard.com/copper-clad-laminate-pcb/epoxy-fiber-fr4/1-16-x7-7-8-x11-1-2-epoxy-fiber-copper-clad-laminate-1oz

dave

Note sure you got my PM? Can you tell me where you get your photoresist boards? I'm also in Canada and I'm curious as to where my fellow canadiens get stuff.
I'm French.......sorry for my bad Englishhhhhhh.

gül

Luckily I have an awesome electronics store nearby that sells the stuff. It's gonna cost more than I was paying for abcfab's stuff but at least I'm supporting a local business. If anyone on here lives in the Bay Area, check out Al Lasher's if you haven't already!

davent

Quote from: alparent on February 12, 2016, 09:36:24 PM
Quote from: davent on February 10, 2016, 11:13:21 AM

dave

Note sure you got my PM? Can you tell me where you get your photoresist boards? I'm also in Canada and I'm curious as to where my fellow canadiens get stuff.

Hello,
I see it now, notifications had been turned off and i wasn't looking for messages, sorry i missed it.

MG Chemicals is local and a little mom & pop electronics store stocks their boards and developer, have also ordered those from Digikey. When in Toronto, Honson Electronics carries the Kinsten brand which i've also bought on ebay from the Far East. The Far East boards used the much more visually appealing (to me, no painting necessary) white/green translucent FR4.

Digikey if i'm placing an order, would order from Mouser (but haven't) if i needed some when placing an order there.

Tried all the brands offered by Digikey, no difference and all the various brands i've tried, testing resulted in the same light exposure time.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

playpunk

I have more fr4 than I will ever use. I could pif  you a sheet or two if you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"my legend grows" - playpunk

alparent

Never say no to an offer like that!
Where are you located?

Sending you a PM with my address to check shipping.
Thanks

alparent

Getting ready to put in action my last plan.
Etch and verify ALL of the Etcher's Paradise projets.

j.miller

wow! he's hiking the appalalchian trail! that rules!

gül

I know! So awesome... My buddy did it a few years back. He's currently doing the Pacific Crest trail AS A VEGAN. He's crazy.  :o

jtaormina

Hey guys. Just kinda getting in to etching. I'd like to use the fr4 for making faceplates and a circuit pcb as well. None of these sites really mention the color of the epoxy fiber layer. The MG chemical brand seems to be 'clear or opaque ' others don't say.  I'd like black or something else like red maybe. Possible?