News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

My 2015 builds

Started by beneharris, February 07, 2016, 10:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beneharris

I forgot to post a new thread with my 2015 builds. Nothing special, I started building around the beginning of the year, so these are all definitely noob builds.

Here is an Acapulco Gold clone. I liked the build, it was my first vero build, and the circuit is great. I need to build another, as I bought enough for 2, and hopefully I can dial out some of the things I don't like about it. This has an added gain pot, too. I've since bought some with connected rows, as I'm wondering if some of the problem is I'm missing a connection someplace since I only had pad per hole. I'm almost positive that's my problem, actually. I put the art together with clipart I found in inkscape. I ended up having to change the knobs for slimmer ones because the "gain" label was covered up by the one I had on there. Measure better next time.

Next up is a Retrograde and a Fuzz Face from Pickdropper (he makes awesome boards, btw.) This one was very unintentionally messy. I didn't plan it out properly and the wires ended up everywhere. It all works, and sounds great. I've since bought 5 or 6 different types of PNP's for it, and have the fuzz face dialed in really nicely. I also moved the bias knob off board, as the circuit has a trimpot spot for it.

At that point I wasn't brave enough to try for any sort of finish, so bleh.

Last up, or first I should say as this was my first official build, is a weener wah.

That's everything from last year! Here's to more, and thanks to all you guys for all the help.