News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Azabache, Retrograde, Smoothie

Started by bscur, February 16, 2016, 05:14:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bscur

I finished a few projects. I built a Retrograde and a Smoothie for a friend to give his son for Christmas and an Azabache for myself. The Smoothie was my first light plate and I made it myself. The led's in the base use the mod for pulsing in time with the effect. I was happy with it. The powder coating is getting better- I pre-heat the enclosures and that does the trick. The Azabache has a dazzling dormant red powder that doesn't show up well in the picture. As always, I used way too much wire.

[/[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/bscur/media/image.jpg1.jpg.html]

Here is a little video of the light
http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v327/bscur/IMG_0486.mp4

selfdestroyer

I really like the artwork and the light plate fixed to the rate LED was cool. Great job.

Cody

jimilee

I'm really digging your style, very smooth looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

beneharris

That looks really cool. I love the graphics on the octavia. Does the light on his little tentacle deal go on and off with the octave?

matmosphere

Very nice, great approach for the artwork. Paint markers?

bscur

Thanks. The light isn't an octave indicator. I'm not sure how to do that, but that would be a great feature.

bscur

Thanks. They are paint pens, but fairly cheap ones and pretty unpredictable. I just ordered some better ones too see how that goes. I'd use a waterside decal, but I have an inkjet printer and they turn brown when I cook them under a clear coat of powder. I've read that laser decals don't do this, so that's on my list as well as taking a stab at etching.

lincolnic

I love all of these, but I really love that angler fish.

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk