News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Celeste Rate LED?

Started by bcalla, February 14, 2016, 03:21:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcalla

Is there a mod to the Celeste Chorus that would allow an LED to flash with the rate?

HamSandwich

I would try putting a current limiting resistor and LED off of pin 1 of IC4.

bcalla

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

pinkjimiphoton

i'd try pin 7 with a 4.7k CL resistor. you can catch the node off the left side of R29, works great. just ground the other side.
make sure you put the resistor on the anode (long) side and it's cake.

Scruffie

Pin 7 is square, Pin 1 is triangle, so both work :)
Works at Lectric-FX

pinkjimiphoton

hey bro.
i'm slowly getting blinder, so i could barely see the modulation with  it on pin 1. there's actually a few places in the circuit that seemed to work, but if ya need a bright no mistaking it's on deal like me, pin 7 is where it's at ;)

Quiddel

Hey, sorry for digging out this old thread. I just built the Celeste and included the Rate LED following the advice from this thread. At first I got the signal from Pin 7 (square) and that introduced a nasty clicking noise synchronous to the rate frequency. Out of curiosity I switched to Pin 1 (triangle) and the click noise is gone.  :) I have no explanation for that, but I even prefer the look with the triangular signal so I don't really care.  ;D

Just in case anybody else will encounter that problem. (I use a blue LED with a 15k resistor)

Apart from that, thanks a lot for that brilliant clone! The sound is incredibly nice. :)