News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Greetings again from Vancouver, BC

Started by solderfumes, February 16, 2016, 10:46:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

solderfumes

My original introduction thread got wiped in the server crash.  I'm Richard and I'm from Vancouver, BC.  I got started building pedals about a year and a half ago, after I ran out of guitars to rewire, and I haven't looked back.  This forum has been a huge help to me and I've really enjoyed using the project documents.  I like to start from scratch and create my own layouts, but I usually start from a Madbean schematic.  I've built a Kingslayer, a Sunking, a NomNom, a Current Lover, a Collosalus, an Afterlife, a Cupcake, a couple of Mudbunnies (Mudbunnys?), and a Retrograde.

My original introduction got some replies from other Vancouver/Canada/nearby people.  Hoping to get some replies from them again!  Maybe we should get a Vancouver meetup going sometime.

GermanCdn

Hey Richard,

Pretty sure I replied the first time, but I'll put more or less the same stuff down.  There are a bunch of Canadians on here, some from out west, a good deal from out east.  I'm in Calgary, but I'm usually in Vancouver a couple of times a year on business, will let you know next time I'm in town.

Curtis
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Apocalypto

Hi Richard and Curtis

My name is Joe and I'm in Vancouver as well.  Originally from Mtl.  Moved here in 94.

I'm primarily a guitar player.  Recently my good friend pogart got me into the whole "make it yourself" pedal stuff.  I've got some Madbean boards on the shelf, but I opted to start easy and build some BYOC kits first since I'd never even soldered before.   ;D  They've gone well so far!  I built a chorus and FET preamp and they rock.  The OD2 is almost done.  I also built a 1776 EQ.  I just need to box it up.

It's one of the coolest things I've ever done.  I like it a lot.  I've got a lot to learn but I'm enjoying the process as I go.  (despite the frustration)  Maybe the fact that I work in IT helps.   ;)

Good to meet you!

Joe aka Apocalypto

karter2000

I'm a Lower-Mainlander as well (Burnaby)!

Regular Sean

Bump for lower drainland pedal building enthusiasts.

jimilee

Hello from the Deep South. Chattanooga TN, home of songbirds guitar museum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

madbean

I hear everything in Canada is made of wood. Do you confirm or deny this rumor?

brucer

Quote from: madbean on September 03, 2019, 05:27:00 PM

Not to hijack the thread, but not entirely accurate MB.  Some things are made from ice or snow.  Sometimes with moss and sticks and animal pelts thrown in ... though I guess the sticks are wood.  So, there's that.

pickdropper

Quote from: brucer on September 03, 2019, 08:23:21 PM

Not to hijack the thread, but not entirely accurate MB.  Some things are made from ice or snow.  Sometimes with moss and sticks and animal pelts thrown in ... though I guess the sticks are wood.  So, there's that.

You forgot the part about the midnight sun and the hot springs flowing.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

selfdestroyer

Quote from: brucer on September 03, 2019, 08:23:21 PM

Hence the free tuque that the mounties distribute yearly. So lucky!

jkokura

Take off hosers.

In reality tho... Where i live there are people who make TeePees and Igloos to live in during portions of the year. Real wood pole and animal skin teepees, and real blocks-cut-from-snow igloos. Also, lots and lots of log cabins.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals