News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Layout or vero from Box'o'Trix (squeeze box only) schematics

Started by nuclearsound, February 15, 2016, 12:44:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nuclearsound

Hi I'm pretty new to this forum because I come from the DIY synths world, and getting now also interested in pedals that color my sound.
I sucessfully built my MusikDing 3verb pedal a while ago and I'd now like to build a compression pedal with side-chain features. I didn't find a single one on the DIY community (if you know one, please show me !) when I found Seb's Box'O'Trix : http://burnit.co.uk/sdiy/index.php?page=boxotrix, that he doesn't support anymore.

I'm only interested in the Squeeze Box section of this monster, that has this side-chain ability, and on top of all the data on the website (BOM, schematics, labels, instructions), Seb even gave me the Gerber. But What only speaks to me is layout or veroboard, I'm not good at all in electronics. Seb kindly helped me hoping for a ducking future, I'd like to ask for help in "converting" the Squeeze-box schematics to something I can build myself. The idea is to focus on only one SqueezeBox section with ins/outs and vumeter if not too complicated. I can't flash IC's, but I believe the pre-programmed IC's Seb used to sell are for MIDI gating, am I right ?

selfdestroyer

Welcome to the forum. I wanted to post the schematic so it was easier for others to help you with this.

nuclearsound

Thanks selfdestroyer, indeed it's more friendly to have it here. By the way, here's the (whole) panel :