News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Switch Monkey (FS3X)

Started by selfdestroyer, February 21, 2016, 06:32:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

selfdestroyer

My father needed a foot switch for his Digitech Trio so I decided to make him one. I did a reverse etch for him on it to make it look a little more classy than the stock FS3X foot switch. 2 diodes and 3 switches later he got this pedal. Really helps when wanting to change "parts" and styles on the fly.

Cody

alanp

There's a good lad :)

Beautiful build.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

jtaormina

There is something about green shag carpet and pedals that I absolutely love.

jimilee

Love the etch, and monkeys makes everything more awesomer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

peAk

ahh man I love it

The only things that look cooler than etches are reversed etches  ;D

monkeyssj1

This looks so great! What a good son. I'm gonna build me a two switcher one soon :).

AntKnee

I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

selfdestroyer

Thanks everybody. I went to my parent's house tonight and got to play with it some more, really a great addon for the Trio.

Cody

m-Kresol

you really had to etch that tiny piece pcb, didn't ya?   ::) 8)

looks great though! Not really sure how it's supposed to work as there are only two poles than can be shunted to GND, but what the hell do I know  ;D
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

selfdestroyer

Quote from: m-Kresol on February 23, 2016, 09:25:36 AM
you really had to etch that tiny piece pcb, didn't ya?   ::) 8)

looks great though! Not really sure how it's supposed to work as there are only two poles than can be shunted to GND, but what the hell do I know  ;D

Haha, I even questioned myself when I etched the PCB.. Half way through it I was like "why did I not do this on a small piece of vero" lol

Here is the schematic I used:

Cody

nzCdog

Looks awesome Cody! I literally just made one of these a couple weeks ago for a Jamman Stereo! :)

aion

Very nice etching job! And clever way for Digitech to get a third function out of a stereo jack.