News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

February builds

Started by matmosphere, February 28, 2016, 08:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matmosphere

It was warm enough to get some building done a few nights this month.

This is a Timmy clone built on a nice compact board I got from Rockhorst. It's all stock besides the 4558d. I'm thinking about tracking down an original 4559, the 4558d doesn't have as much gain as I thought it might, but it does sound great. For the artwork I tried to stick with the inspiration for the pedals name. Went the paint marker route because I wanted to just get it on my board so I could pull of my Joyo (gasp, it was cheap and I was broke) OCD clone. Almost melted one of the caps when I was boxing it up. Had some Davies style knobs but I like how the boss ones look so I'll have to pick up a few more.

Second we have a Madbean Doombutter. This is a clone of the Mid-fi Clari(not). It's a damn fun pedal to play with. Gotta give props to Jebus and m-Kresol for helping me with some troubleshooting on this one. I eventually figured out that I shorted some stuff because the board was pushed up against the switch :( fail. I got the wedge enclosure off the forum a while back. I love the look of the enclosure, I wish I could make them myself. I use them all the time. Still have to find the right knobs for this one.

jtaormina

Any Lego builds you want us to see too?   ;)

matmosphere

Quote from: jtaormina on March 01, 2016, 03:48:06 AM
Any Lego builds you want us to see too?   ;)

With a five year old and a three year old I have no shortage of Lego build that I could show you :)

That wasn't even the pic of the doombutter I ment to post. When I took that I couldn't even get the top on because of the pots. I'll have to post a better one later. I need to decide on good knobs for it and figure out a nice way to label the controls. Paint marker isn't going to cut it on that one and I don't think that style enclosure would look good with envirotex. 

Addy Bart

Loving that enclosure for the Doombutter!

Rockhorst

Great to see one of 'my' boards showing up in a build again :) Glad you like it!

matmosphere

Quote from: Rockhorst on March 11, 2016, 04:59:14 PM
Great to see one of 'my' boards showing up in a build again :) Glad you like it!

Thanks, I did really like the board. It's nice and compact.

I'm kind of surprised nobody has commented on the Trojan Rabbit, I thought it was appropriate. I can't believe Paul C named the Tim after Tim the Enchanter from Python and the Holy Grail. I was going to just draw Tim the enchanter but my skills aren't what they used to be. I also considered the rabbit of Caerbannog, but I didn't think it'd be as recognizable.