News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Jonny octave zvex

Started by adam_bz, March 03, 2016, 04:18:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adam_bz

Any layouts out there, I can't find one!

selfdestroyer

This pedal was/is on the "black list" at FreeStompBox forums long ago and I do not know if it was lifted. I doubt it, there is a lot of respect for Zachary in the DIY community. I believe all his schematics were off limits other than the SHO. That being said, I have not seen anything kicking around for it.

Cody

madbean

I know it uses two small transformers...probably something similar to the 42TM022. My guess is each side has some small transistor gain stage into the transformer and a volume control at the end.

You could get something similar by putting two Green Ringer builds in a row, I think.

nocentelli

SHO -> transformer + 2 x Ge diodes (from Tychobrae octavia) -> SHO -> octave1 volume pot, signal also sent to another SHO -> transformer + 2 x Ge diodes -> another SHO with octave 2 output pot:
Quotetheres a super hard-on feeding the octave engine from a (doublesupersecretclassic pedal), feeding another super hard-on for output from the first octave.

the output of the first (doublesupersecretclassic pedal) engine feeds another SHO circuit which feeds another (doublesupersecretclassic) engine and another SHO to drive the output of the second octave.

so there's four super hard-ons and two (doublesupersecretclassic pedal) octave engines.
quote from zvex -

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=35412.0

adam_bz

So, could I replace the transformer circuits with green ringer circuits to produce a work a like circuit?

adam_bz

Will the bypass switch be a millebium style, taking the signal away from the 2nd half of the circuit to output giving one or two octaves, or will that not work

panchokunstmann

I have a Jonny Octave in my possession. I intend to take photos and upload it to Freestompboxes.

Do you recommend that I upload the photos? Or is it likely to be censored from all sides?

regards

nocentelli

Quote from: panchokunstmann on April 22, 2017, 05:51:55 PM
I have a Jonny Octave in my possession. I intend to take photos and upload it to Freestompboxes.

Do you recommend that I upload the photos? Or is it likely to be censored from all sides?

I have no idea what sort of censorship you are referring to: freestompboxes.org welcomes all gutshots and tracings of EVERY pedal ever made and NO pedal is considered off limits for tracing. References to any FSB "blacklist" earlier in this thread are mistaken: FSB was set up originally because Aron at DIYSB had list of schematics/pedal makers he had personally agreed NOT to allow to be shared at DIYSB.