News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Boneyard + AC Tone

Started by chip46, July 07, 2011, 08:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCobbenator

chip46

I have that layout on my computer. It's correct, but they did omit the 2nd gain pot. Idk if that's something you want or not.

Here's a schem:

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i85/EatMyDust46/acetonerev3zg5-1.jpg

And a layout:

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i85/EatMyDust46/ACE_Tone_PartsLayout-2.jpg

^That's the layout I had my friend etch from. I had the original pcb artwork for it somewhere but I must've lost it.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: chip46 on July 12, 2011, 02:57:09 PM
I had the original pcb artwork for it somewhere but I must've lost it.

You've lost it?!?! Maybe on purpose?  :)
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

chip46

Well I certainly didn't delete it, must've grown a mind of it's own and buried itself deep within my hard drive. I'll ask my friend if he still has it.

TheCobbenator

What a tease. Well tell your buddy I'd gladly reimburse him for the trouble the next time he makes a batch. At least 1. My bandmate may want one as well.

Anyway, I'm fine with the 1 gain pot. In fact, I'd be fine omitting the 2nd gain pot and boost. Can anyone tell me what I could jumper to bypass the whole dpdt / boost pot? I'm just getting into the whole perf and stripboard thing and would love a little stepstool from some more advanced than myself.

Also the layout I posted says it needs a charge pump at ~17v. Could I pull this off with a road rage?

marauder

Easy to build that with a Boneyard board, just a few parts substitutions.
Ignore the transformer stuff, thats taken care of by the charge pump on the Boneyard.

chip46

Yep. If I had to do it over again I would just buy 2 boneyard boards. I didnt think to get two at the time and then they sold out. My friend was already making me some other stuff so I just asked him to do the AC tone too.

As for the boost control, I think on that layout I posted there is a note saying you can jumper two points to omit it. You could find this spot on the boneyard board and do the same thing.

I may buy a few more boneyard boards and socket some stuff to mess around with the values. Maybe Brian could look at it too and then sell the boneyard as a dual board so that you could make whichever one you wanted. That would be cool. The value changes are minimal, would just need to add the AC BOM to the existing PDF.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: TheCobbenator on July 13, 2011, 01:23:21 AM
What a tease. Well tell your buddy I'd gladly reimburse him for the trouble the next time he makes a batch. At least 1. My bandmate may want one as well.

Anyway, I'm fine with the 1 gain pot. In fact, I'd be fine omitting the 2nd gain pot and boost. Can anyone tell me what I could jumper to bypass the whole dpdt / boost pot? I'm just getting into the whole perf and stripboard thing and would love a little stepstool from some more advanced than myself.

Also the layout I posted says it needs a charge pump at ~17v. Could I pull this off with a road rage?

I'd be glad to etch you a few when I get the layout if you still need them.
It looks like you could skip the boost pot/switch by putting a jumper between j18 and g18. Might have to put a resistor there if the signal drops. The pot is 100k so I'd try between a 100k resistor and jumper (being zero resistance) and set it too your taste. Make sense?  :)
You of course can get 17 volts from a road rage but I'm not sure how to supply the board with the -17 volts it says it needs.
Maybe you can run the -9v output to another road rage board and since you apply -9v the +18volts would come out -18v. I've never tried that though, does anyone know if that would work?
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

chip46

Not sure, but if you use the boneyard board it's got a charge pump already there. All the ac tone layouts I've seen had the charge pump built in as well.

jstbrowsin

Finally something I can contribute. . . PCB for the Plexi/ AC Tone goes with the layout previously posted enjoy

[attachment deleted by admin]

chip46

Awesome, thanks for that. I know exactly where I'm saving it this time so I know I won't lose it  :D

lars-musik

I'd really like to build this AC-Tone as well. Could someone kindly re-post the PCB-Layout? And explain that "[attachment deleted by admin]" message?
I'd be most thankful.

Best regards, Lars